Beer. Delicious Beer.

LOVE me some Young's Double Chocolate Stout and Hoegaarden. Blue Moon is an attempt to make Hoegaarden. So if you like Blue Moon you should love, love, love Hoegaarden.

If you like either of these, I'd really suggest trying Hitachino Nest White Ale. Fantastic. It's like everything refreshing about summer brewed into a tasty beverage.

I was referring to Blue Moon and Hoegaarden. Not the Double Chocolate Stout.

I tried Hoegaarden a few weeks ago, but to me (and my friends) it tasted like a really bland beer. Seemed like a really watered-out beer that didn't really taste too much of anything at all. And yet I keep hearing from a lot of people that it's supposed to be a really good beer. What the hell? Is there something wrong with me and my friends?

Tonight I've had Erdinger, Vedett (x3), Alhambra 1925 and San Miguel. All great beers in my opinion. :)

If you like either of these, I'd really suggest trying Hitachino Nest White Ale. Fantastic. It's like everything refreshing about summer brewed into a tasty beverage.

Dude! I just tried this a few nights ago and really enjoyed it! I still think Allagash white has a little better flavor, but I'm sure some people would prefer the Hitachino as it's slightly less intense.

I wanted to go to this but I gotta shoot March Madness all day. I probably would have just drank NOLA beer all day anyways.

btw Drabley, do you know about Pizza Delicious in the bywater?

I've heard of it, but yet to try it. Isn't it by Dauphine/Piety or something?

And I tried most everything, but my favorites were the LA beers.

So it was a blast. A few sprinkles early on, but otherwise was great!

I tried all of the breweries/beer that was suggested and it was all delicious. I was partial to Eel River and Samuel Smiths the most.

The winner of the day for me was a local brew from Covington Brewhouse -- Strawberry Ale. Yes, seriously. I normally steer clear of fruit flavored beer, but this was absolutely fucking fantastic. It had a sweet nose to it, which kind of put me off at first. It had a typical pale ale flavor about it upon drinking, but had a very lovely and balanced strawberry finish to it. Not sweet, not tart, just perfect and smooth as all get out. I had about a 15 2oz samples of this alone. Sucks because it's seasonal and they don't sell it in bottles -- draught only. But then again, it's probably for the best - I could see myself getting into beaucoup trouble if I had a steady supply of this heavenly beverage.

Another fruit flavored beer that shocked the hell out of me was Eel River's Acai Berry Ale. Not quite as good as the Strawberry Ale above, but very tasty indeed.

Anyone near Lafayette, LA or Greenville, SC should seriously consider attending this when it rolls into your respective areas in a few weeks time.

I wanted to go to this but I gotta shoot March Madness all day. I probably would have just drank NOLA beer all day anyways.

btw Drabley, do you know about Pizza Delicious in the bywater?

I've heard of it, but yet to try it. Isn't it by Dauphine/Piety or something?

It's on N. Rampart just past the Saturn Bar. It's only open sunday's but it's the second best pizza in town next to Slice. http://pizzadelicious.blogspot.com/