Need help with X-Mas Gift

My Brother is asking for music where the drums are amazing.

Besides the regulars like Tool, Rush, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Who, Led Zep, Anything Dave Grohl drummed on. Can someone recommend something.

I figure I am going to make this into Audio CDs and write out blurbs for each artist/song and why the drumming is amazing on that particular song. So if you recommend something please be prepared to back it up. :)

Thanks in advance

the Other "s/t" on Honest Dons go here:

http://www.fatwreck.com/store/detail/005

i got into this band cause the drummer was in the Mad Caddies off and on and the first time they played chicago with him Sascha told me to go watch him set up him drums and watch him warm up...then they played and he kept adding things to songs and made everything he could more "busy" and it was a true revelation.

then afterwards all the guys in the band were like, you MUST get his old bands record because his drumming is unbelievable on it.

AND IT IS.

the music is wierd...it's like math-punk and the singer sorta sounded like Ozzy Osbourne. trust me, the songs are pretty fucking rad. it's hard to describe but it's a mesmerizing record...especiialy if you're looking for serious drumming

one of my favorite Fat Wreck releases ever.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic