Montreal Record Convention

If its anything like the record shows in ontario you can expect to spend hours digging through crates of chilliwack LPs. Eventualy you break down and spend way to much money on a mediocre LP because you paid 5 bucks to get in so you might as well buy something.

Exactly my experience with any shows in Ontario!

The best shows I've ever been to were the Record Fairs in Moncton, New-Brunswick. That's were I found the best deals (shit load of rare NOFX records, Bigwig 7", Eric's Trip, Misfits, etc..). I'm not sure if they are still that good (I moved to Ontario almost 6 years ago).

• 1 year later...

I’m a seller and total record head and I'll be there selling stuff. I will have some interesting stuff and promise not to price stuff high, unlike other dealers we know. I will have 5 boxes of 7" records that range from .25 cents to $4. I’ll have a $3 or less crate as well as a few .50 cent crates (10 for $4), loaded with soca, soul and reggae 12” and LPs. I will be selling a nice direct drive Technics Turntable with an Ortophon cartridge for $130. I will also have a smaller turntable (with built-in amp) that could directly be plugged to either auxiliary input on a stereo or computer for $40. I will also have a vintage Admiral portable (electric/battery) 33/45 rpm / am radio turntable for sale at $30. The 33 speed is a little wonky, but the 45 works great!

I will also have record cleaning solution for $3 a bottle (or 2 for $5), 45 centers, music books, and a few other odds and ends.

I will give deals if you buy and will not allow other dealers to look at my stuff before the general public does. Why should they get all the good shit?

I hope to see you there.