Buying a Gift Card with a Gift Card

I have gotten this to work at Kohl's 2 years ago. I got a Kohl's gift card for christmas but couldn't find anything i wanted. So i figured i would get a best buy gift card. So i took it up to the register and they let me buy the BB gift card with the Kohl's one. I tried it again this year and they wouldn't let me do it.

there is a record store in riverside that will take gift cards for barnes and noble, target, best buy, etc (a lot of places) and trade you store credit for them. i went in with a couple different gift cards i didnt feel the need to spend and walked out with the SDRE reissues and the new tegan and sara

it was awesome.

I've worked in retail for over 4 years aaaanndd buying something from the store, leaving, then coming back in for cash is fucking wrong. Employees at Wal-Mart allowing for that shit to happen obviously do not give a shit about their job and the people who try it have seen Garden State too much.

Without a receipt, they might not even take it back -- if you say, "Oh, I bought it with a gift card" or "Oh, it was a gift", they can only return it back onto a gift card.

Since you have a generic grocery store gift card, it's pointless to sell on eBay (I have seen American Eagle gift cards for $25 sell for $23....$50 Best Buy for $48.50 -- dumbshitz)

I have a feeling if you politely ask the manager of the grocery store, he/she will allow for you to buy an iTunes, Visa, or Amazon gift card since technically they are selling it. If they say no way, then give the card to some homeless person. Or buy fruit.

I've worked in retail for over 4 years aaaanndd buying something from the store, leaving, then coming back in for cash is fucking wrong. Employees at Wal-Mart allowing for that shit to happen obviously do not give a shit about their job and the people who try it have seen Garden State too much.

Except in Garden State, he did not buy the item. He simply picked something up and walked to the customer service desk and said he bought and it wanted to return. I was not advocating he do this, as it would most definitely be wrong.

If this store has a self-service check out (which, if it's a grocery store hopefully it does) you may be able to put the transaction through without ever dealing with a store employee.

On a side note, if this place is a grocery store... do you eat? Perhaps you could buy some food? I know it's pretty out there but it just might work.

On a side note, if this place is a grocery store... do you eat? Perhaps you could buy some food? I know it's pretty out there but it just might work.

That's what I was wondering. How can you not find stuff to spend a gift card on at a grocery store?

because i'd rather use the money ($50) to spend on records.

BTW (to anybody who was wondering) i was indeed able to buy another (better) gift card with the grocery store gift card.