whats the longest tattoo session you've had??

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the shop.

Different artist(better artist) but the same shop. They have a good reputation for good work. www.libertyseattle.com

Being alergic to the A+D is a possibility.

I use latex condoms without any problems so I don't think I'm allergic to latex.

It's been leaking pretty bad so they said to just let it dry out over the next few days and to put ice packs on it (with a towel over the tattoo of course) so the swelling can go down. pretty frusterating over all.

Guest falloutcollapse

Riddle, I guess this is karma for that rash your mom gave me.

No, in all seriousness, I hope it's nothing too bad and it goes away real fast.

Hey

So I put it on ice for awhile. No real difference in the swelling but it felt good anyways.

It just started to leak that clear fluid again. Not sure if anyone knows what I mean. If you've ever been sunburned so bad that your skin gets a dark scab it'll leak the same kind of fluid.

Really at this point I just want it to look good when it's done healing. I hope I can somehow figure out why I react this way when I get tattoed. I know plenty of people who have tattoos and none of them have this problem.

Hey

So I put it on ice for awhile. No real difference in the swelling but it felt good anyways.

It just started to leak that clear fluid again. Not sure if anyone knows what I mean.

I know what you mean... I think I wrote in an earlier post. When I got the back of my calf done, my leg swelled to 2 times normal size and leaked this clear brown shirt for 2-3 days. I had to lay down and elevate my leg, as well as ice it. It sucked. I hope this helps!

the longest straight session i had was the outline for my back... it was about 10 hours... i've sat for about 35 hours for my back so far and i still need about 3 hours to "finish" it.

the worst 2 hours of my life was the outline for my ribs... i can't wait to shade and color it, but i'm not looking forward to it...

As for the Aquaphor healing method, its a good method, BUT IT MUST BE FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER...

If you're not careful you'll end up with a Staph infection or MRSA... I'm speaking from experience...

I healed my knee cap with it and it was fine, then i did it with my right calf and it was fine, and finally i did it with my left calf and due to some unforeseen circumstances had the bandage on for too long and i was left with one of the sketchiest infections you've ever seen, scars on the back of my leg, and possible muscle damage...

So yeah, i no longer endorse the Aquaphor method...

I stand by the age old LITFA method...

LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE!

It starts with getting the tattoo, taking an EXTREMELY hot shower on the tattooed area for as long and as hot as you can stand it and then dabbing it dry... Repeat as necessary, and use lotion if it looks dry...

Just got home from the shop.

My artist and the other 4 people there have never seen anything like it. The don't think it's a staph infection. At this point the best guess is allergic reaction to the a+d that they use while tattoo and or latex. So for the moment all I can do is leave it be and let it get air.

• 5 weeks later...