Less Than Jake - Anthem / In With The Out Crowd

That's right. Weren't those picture discs all a bad pressing?

I already ordered, so I will ask. Question sent to Interpunk. We'll see what they have to say.

I already own In With The Out Crowd LP from when they sold them on tour and those are a pretty good sounding pressing. Just the whole lack of any packaging what so ever has me ordering this pressing.

Yeah I don't really get why there is so much hate out there for

Anthem...but to each their own, i guess

IWTOC was disappointing when it came out, but I didn't hate it,

it definitely grew on me over time as Well

glad to know Anthem will be on vinyl this time not picture Disc

my Picture Disc like many others skips,

definitely will be Ordering these since i collect LTJ

Yeah, Anthem is amazing. I can relate to every song on there and it's not repetitive. IWTOC sounds like one giant song that kinda puts me to sleep.

Agreed on both counts.

I never got around to buying the picture disc, so I ordered this one - still hoping it's a better sounding repress, though.

I thought Anthem (save for a few songs) was just a crappy album all around. After a string of 3 really, really good albums, they just shit out Anthem and I remember buying it the day it came out and how disappointed I was with it. I actually sold it back to the store I bought it from. "Escape From The A-Bomb House" is a great song though.

I was really disappointed with Anthem also. I never hated it, it has some really good songs, it was just a letdown overall. And I never understood why they rerecorded "Look What Happened" one album after it was originally released, I still like the B&B version better. In With... was just completely unmemorable (is that a word?) to me. I bought it right when it came out, listened to it a few times, and haven't since. I guess I started listening to them less in general, so I was more than content with their earlier records.

The way I see it is that IWTOC and even Anthem to an extent were incredibly different from their other releases. It was an evolution of the band that some loved and some hated and ultimately what made them IMO try and revert back to their older style with GNV FLA. I personally love Anthem, but I can't say I was upset when GNV FLA came out. Its the LTJ I started listening to and hopefully the LTJ that sticks around.