This question came up at work today

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would i get the money at the end in one lump sum, or as i go along - like a paycheck?

Lump sum at the end.

What kind of people do you work with? Give me a couple million bucks tax free and I will gladly rock T-Pain all year long....easiest money ever.

For the most part, jaded old men. But I work with one guy the same age as me who hates auto-tune just as much as everyone else these days.

it would be one thing if the question was "to listen to exclusively t-pain music and nothing else" but the scenario is "to listen to exclusively t-pain as often as you listen to regular music now." santiago, seriously think about that... i mean, i listen to music literally 10+ hours a day.

every. single. day.

you would go insane after a couple weeks of that. if i was getting like $5,00 every two weeks i could probably push myself to do it 2 weeks at a time, knowing i could stop whenever and have made a good amount of money. but if i could ONLY get all the money at the end of the year... geez, that number would have to be substantially higher.

honestly i don't think i could do it. i'm trying to picture myself just doing it tomorrow at work and i can't even put myself in a place mentally where i could do it. and that's just one day. the number would have to be insanely high. $1,000,000 isn't even enough because i would definitely go insane and need all sorts of therapy and etc... it would probably take 5-10 million before i went ahead and decided to do it. i dont even know then, though. holy shit.

$500,000 isn't life-altering money, though... don't get me wrong, if somebody came up and offered me $500,000 for free right now, i'd gladly accept it. but you'd still have to work because $500,000 wouldn't last you the rest of your life. you could buy a nice house and a nice car or a really awesome stereo setup or something, but you'd burn through that money pretty quickly if you weren't careful about how you spent it.

would that really be worth an entire year of your life listening to that garbage?

Really dude? Do you understand how much easier your life would be if you were handed a nice house that was completely paid for? That's not worth listening to shitty music for a year?

I said I would buy a house with my payment as well, but my co-worker was surprised when I said I would pay off a smaller house in full, rather than use the entire sum as a down payment on something huge.

i mean, it's pretty ridiculous that we're arguing over such an absurd hypothetical situation, but here goes...

- $100,000 wouldn't buy a nice house in a place i would want to live.

- i would literally go insane, so i would say no, $100,000 isn't worth my sanity for the rest of my life.

- like i said, i would love to have free money handed to me, and of course it would make life easier, but to me, $100,000 wouldn't be anywhere near "worth it" for what i'd have to do to earn it.

And don't you think you'd eventually tune it out? I have to "listen" to country music at work all the time, I have no choice. I don't even notice it anymore.

absolutely, i see what you're saying. but again, you have the choice to listen to anything you want on your way to/from work, and once you get home. in this hypothetical situation, you could ONLY listen to t-pain all the time. knowing that i don't have the choice to spin Goddamnit after a shitty day at work, but instead having to listen to (insert t-pain song title here because i don't know the names of his songs) every single day FOR A YEAR wouldn't be worth that money to me. a year is a very long time.

yes, you could buy a nice place in chicago for $1 million. but like i said earlier, i would need therapy i'm sure, and as long as we're wishing for things in this purely hypothetical situation, i would ask for an amount that i wouldn't have to think twice about.

if somebody came up to me and offered me $1 million tomorrow to do this, i would think long and hard about it. at this point in my life, i probably would end up doing it. but at $5-10 million dollars, there would be no thought necessary. that is enough money that i would absolutely do it, no questions asked. that's all i was trying to say.