Have any of you moved back in with your parents?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived away at college, then came back home, then moved out, then moved in with my brother, then my mom got sick. For the past year I took care of my little sister who is still in high school, but a month and a half ago my mom moved back home.

It's more like she's already elderly and she's living with me. She's not elderly, just still in the recovery process. I have the master bedroom, which used to be her room. She's in the bedroom above the garage. I go to work and take care of most of the bills, she sleeps til 10, then naps again at 1. It's really, really bizarre switching roles like this.

I very rarely get questioned about what I'm up to - my mom and I have a really good relationship.

So... I'm willing to bet this doesn't help you at all since we're a unique situation.

living with my parents and just turning 26 is such a bummer, but there's no way that i'd be halfway to a good sized down payment for a little house if i didn't live here. so while other people i know are so cool and independent and living paycheck to paycheck in a crappy apartment, hopefully by this time next year, ill have a decent down payment and will be house hunting.

Similar situation and I fully back the logic.