need your opinion on this local band

okay, so these kids are really good. their live show is awesome, only thing that bugs me is their over-jesus-ness.. but they're great kids and im thinking of doing some things to help them out.. what do you think of them? they recorded a CD on their own, released it themselves this weekend and i dunno, they really just impressed me on saturday and i think they just need a chance... i dunno, just rambling... some of the songs remind me of old juliana theory..

www.myspace.com/stillframesky

Only get involved if their end of the deal locks them into getting real haircuts and wearing dudes jeans. Please. Seriously though, they're pretty decent and hearing they have an impressive live show definitely fits with the rockness of the music. I can't stand mismatched musical and presence energy.

well, i've been booking bands for 8 years and i've been working at a booking agency for 1 1/2 now, so I have a handle on how part of the industry works, and ive booked my own tours for my band.. but my work won't help in gettig shows for them because I work with world/performing arts kind of stuff, not pop music or bands.. and the tours I booked for my band were for punk/hardcore, not pop punk/indie... so its yet again, a new realm of music and work and connections that I have never really ventured into besides booking bands and shows. I am planning on working on getting them on the christian festivals this summer, which from my work experience I think i'll have some sucess, but I dunno, I hope to help them get some more shows out of town/state, and I think I can? I mean, I know a good number of people.. its just a matter of getting them on board? I hate talking about myself like this.

well, i've been booking bands for 8 years and i've been working at a booking agency for 1 1/2 now, so I have a handle on how part of the industry works, and ive booked my own tours for my band.. but my work won't help in gettig shows for them because I work with world/performing arts kind of stuff, not pop music or bands.. and the tours I booked for my band were for punk/hardcore, not pop punk/indie... so its yet again, a new realm of music and work and connections that I have never really ventured into besides booking bands and shows. I am planning on working on getting them on the christian festivals this summer, which from my work experience I think i'll have some sucess, but I dunno, I hope to help them get some more shows out of town/state, and I think I can? I mean, I know a good number of people.. its just a matter of getting them on board? I hate talking about myself like this.

Haha, no, you're good. Your life is more interesting than mine, so I certainly don't mind hearing it. I think it's really cool that you're so interested in helping a band thats doing something you haven't worked with before. It might require a little bit of rebuilding and netoworking stuff to have them booked and promoted as easily/regularly like the bands you're used to working with, but it's certainly worth a shot. If they aren't getting much help right now I'm sure they'll appreciate anything you can do for them. I mean, they better, they're Christian so I'd hope they appreciate it, haha.

Guest scriptedrain
Honestly this isn't anything I haven't heard that's already been done better (relatively speaking, of course). They must put on an impressive show.

Yeah, seems really run of the mill to me.

Honestly this isn't anything I haven't heard that's already been done better (relatively speaking, of course). They must put on an impressive show.

Yeah, but a lot of the kids are really retarded and they LOVE run of the mill.

Especially when its packaged in girl jeans and swoopy hair.

Guest scriptedrain

Yeah, but a lot of the kids are really retarded and they LOVE run of the mill.

Especially when its packaged in girl jeans and swoopy hair.

That's true, but even with run-of-the-mill bands, there's only so much room / potential for a fanbase.