Soviettes "Rarities" LP Preorders - I am SO sorry

So none of the people who pre-ordered have their Soviettes "Rarities" records yet. Including me. Which is a drag. As you know, they were supposed to ship a month ago. Then the inserts got messed up so there was a delay. If the record hadn't already been pressed/printed I would talk to Rottentone about whether we should pull the release and hand it off to someone who had the resources to get everything moving more quickly. But, you know, it's done. I believe this was his first release - maybe he didn't realize that someone would actually have to package and ship all these records, maybe he had people who were supposed to do this for him who flaked, I don't know. I got a text today, and he said all the orders shipped last Thursday and that tracking #s were being loaded onto Paypal. Fingers crossed. But in any case, I'm so so sorry to people who are bumming out about the delays. I'm glad we were able to release this with a small, new label. Rottentone was the only label to offer to press it. I guess I could have shopped it around to more than 2 other labels (both of whom said no), and I guess I could have done a more extensive background check on the people involved in Rottentone. But, ya know, I didn't because this is just for fun, and was originally supposed to just be a free digital record anyway and it wasn't something I was stressing over. I wanted a green record for my shelf so I was like "yeah sure, if you wanna do it, why not?" It sucks that we've had to wait so long to get the records, but I've definitely waited longer more times than once to get records I've ordered. Our 1st record on Adeline was delayed too - everyone has trouble at the plants from time to time. Be patient. And don't hate me. I'm doing what I can to resolve everything. Looooove, Annie.

Delays happen and I think everyone on the board knows that. All people want on this board and probably everywhere else is updates. We know it's not your fault and I can't believe a label would say no to you guys. I can't wait to have the next color of the rainbow on my shelf. ROYGBIV!

Edit: I realize his ebay and sales on the board history don't help.

Hey guys. I just feel like I should give our two cents at Red Sound also. Everything went down basically how Annie said; Mike at Rottentone got in touch with us to press the vinyl and Annie said she wanted to offer it to their other two labels before they could give it to Rottentone. They declined, so Rottentone got the release. In all honesty, and to Rottentone's credit, Mike has been very accommodating and helpful through the entire process; he updated Annie and I on the progress of the vinyl, artwork, and pictures, and would get back to us the same day we would email him.

Yeah, it sucks that this is being delayed, but as Annie said, please be patient. I know people feel like they've gotten the runaround, but these things sometimes happen. I would be a lot more worried if I hadn't seen the pictures of the records (you can see them on our twitter account twitter.com/redsound), and actually delays like this happen all the time, even with bigger indies (for example, the new Leatherface by No Idea has had several vinyl issued this year, just ask them). It can be a nightmare, but again, I can understand where everyone is coming from. Sorry everyone feels this way. Information sometimes can be very reassuring. If anyone starts getting their vinyl, please post about it, and again, sorry about the delays.

-Red Sound

Nobody blames the band, Annie. Absolutely nobody...I've poked around this board long enough to know that nobody has said "fuck the Soviettes" or anything like that.

And the reason for that is that it's pretty clear this dude has a flaky history with eBay and with his dealings with other people. It's just unfortunate that there was no way you could have known. I'm sure there were a few legitimate delays in this case, but when he's not open about them, people can't be understanding about them, either. When you add to that a litany of complaints people have had and no evidence that anything is being rectified, you have a definite "FUCK THAT GUY" situation brewing.

I'm sure I'll get my record, sooner or later. And I'll enjoy it, too...I've definitely thought about how this sucks for the band. It can leave a bad taste in someone's mouth, feeling like they've been ripped off. I've definitely been put off of bands for a while because listening to them just made me think of something shitty.

At any rate, LPII is sorely lacking from my record collection and I'd love it. So you should definitely get that repressed...just do a background check first ;)

Got my 3 pack today with the test. I was a little worried about that, but it came so I'm happy. I can vouch for deafmx coming through on LP II. Great dude!

yeah deafmx got me LPII as well. solid dude, i feel bad i was too wasted to hold a conversation with him at that pretty boy thorson show i met him at.

also got my green rarities album today, but not the record i traded to rottentone. bummer.

got mine today! green and pink.

yeah deafmx got me LPII as well. solid dude, i feel bad i was too wasted to hold a conversation with him at that pretty boy thorson show i met him at.

haha, we talked for like an hour. you had a few in you but you managed, it was good times. it was a pleasure meeting you and thanks again for putting out the PBT record on vinyl!

if I didn't blow all my money on records all the time, I would have been down to hang out with you some more at the fest. bahhh!

• 4 years later...