The Two Escobars

I've always known about the Escobar killing even though I was only 7 or 8 when it happened. But I never knew the influence that Pablo had over the Colombian national team. After he was arrested he had the ENTIRE team come to the prison to play a pick up game on a field he made the prison build for him and his friends.

I highly recommend watching this.

• 2 weeks later...

rewatched this last night. so fucking good. if you're even remotely interested in Colombia history, the wars, the drugs, or esp. the football(soccer), then this is highly recommended. damn the fans are so fucking crazy at nacional. Even if youre not into any of that shit, still watch it. it's fucking crazy and depressing at the same time. the story isn't just told to you, but youre presented facts, testimonials from both good side/bad side and it tells the colombian story. the way everything was narrated was really good.

random fact: andres escobar died on july 2nd, the same day 16 years later melo scored his own goal and then ended his country with the red card.

after watching this, i will be praying for melo.

rewatched this last night. so fucking good. if you're even remotely interested in Colombia history, the wars, the drugs, or esp. the football(soccer), then this is highly recommended. damn the fans are so fucking crazy at nacional. Even if youre not into any of that shit, still watch it. it's fucking crazy and depressing at the same time. the story isn't just told to you, but youre presented facts, testimonials from both good side/bad side and it tells the colombian story. the way everything was narrated was really good.

random fact: andres escobar died on july 2nd, the same day 16 years later melo scored his own goal and then ended his country with the red card.

after watching this, i will be praying for melo.

Fifa today ruled that Melo didn't have an own goal. It was awarded to the Dutch player.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/170855,fifa-score-an-own-goal-as-melo-doesnt.aspx