Virgin Mobile Free Fest lineup announced

I went last year and it was pretty fun. For a free show it was pretty well run and there weren't a ton of d-bags there. My friends and I showed up early to tailgate and some kids next to us got busted for underage drinking and having pot on them, that was hilarious. It sounds like they might be trying to recreate the Sonic Forest or something similar to it haha.

I'll be trying to get tix again this year. Let me know if you do and maybe we can meet up!

Scott if you go, want to split a room? Do a little DC tour day before / after?

I went last year and it was pretty fun. For a free show it was pretty well run and there weren't a ton of d-bags there. My friends and I showed up early to tailgate and some kids next to us got busted for underage drinking and having pot on them, that was hilarious. It sounds like they might be trying to recreate the Sonic Forest or something similar to it haha.

I'll be trying to get tix again this year. Let me know if you do and maybe we can meet up!

so they were cool with tailgating/drinking in the parking lot as long as you're of age?

so they were cool with tailgating/drinking in the parking lot as long as you're of age?

Yeah, Merriweather is fine w/ this. They had undercover cops going around, they all looked like bros just walking around and going up to people asking for IDs. They were pretty obvious though, as they all looked really corny haha. I went back to MPP a few months ago to see My Morning Jacket and people were tailgating then.

The people next to us who got busted at Free Fest were hilarious. One dude in the group had a smart mouth and some girl was being super secretive. If it wasn't for them they would have gotten away with just underage drinking, but the cops didn't like their attitude and decided to dig through their stuff and found the pot. I felt bad, but it was hilarious watching them all cry and freak out.

The cops made them dump all of the beer out, which sucked. I asked if we could have it and the cops said ask them and the one kid w/ the smart mouth was asking us to pay for it. Douche.

Here is a picture of them dumping their beer:

[image]