RIAA Sues Man For Ripping CDs

Yeah, same here. I've let them sit in my car over winter and they ended up just fine. The only thing is they won't play in the car's CD player right away. You basically have to warm them up, anyone know why?

Probably because the cold creates a fog on the disc and the laser can't read through it until it fades off.

Guest scriptedrain
Yeah, same here. I've let them sit in my car over winter and they ended up just fine. The only thing is they won't play in the car's CD player right away. You basically have to warm them up, anyone know why?

Probably because the cold creates a fog on the disc and the laser can't read through it until it fades off.

That was my guess, too. Makes sense, thanks! :)

I've had CDs warp from keeping them in my car in the 120 degree summers. But that was one extreme case. Usually they're fine.

My CD player won't play The Decline, though, which pisses me off. (I've got one of those 10 disc changers in my car, but it loads from the back. In my parents' cars, if you push enough eventually it'll realize that past the clear edges, it is indeed a CD)

I've had CDs warp from keeping them in my car in the 120 degree summers. But that was one extreme case. Usually they're fine.

My CD player won't play The Decline, though, which pisses me off. (I've got one of those 10 disc changers in my car, but it loads from the back. In my parents' cars, if you push enough eventually it'll realize that past the clear edges, it is indeed a CD)

with any CD that has the clear edges...the Decline, i think the first Terror Cd is like this...those are the only two that come to mind...this solution ironic with the subject of the thread is simply to rip it and burn a copy for car CD players...