failure rate on a new xbox360?

My problem isn't listed there, but i'm going to contact them to see if they can help me.

I have an e73, one red ring, something with the ethernet (which i've never used).. a temp fix is to jam the fans and overheat it, which i've done a few times with a day of success each time, the other is to open and solder, which i'm not comfortable doing.

I hope the new ones are better than the last model. My current 360 only has about 6 weeks left before my best buy replacement plan expires. So it's time to make my 360 crash and burn so I can send it in and get a $350 credit voucher, turn around and buy another 360. I've done this about 3 times so far and it always worked. Best $30 I've spent ;)

I have noticed that there are quite a few negative reviews of the new 360 system on amazon but I'm wondering if they're just trolls or die hard ps3 fans that are just trying to bring the average consumer rating down... either way if I get a new one and it does break I'll have the replacement plan to fall back on (legitately!).