Record sleeves (poly bags)

I also store mine spline out, and I have the opening of the sleeve facing up.

I had never thought of doing this until you mentioned it, and it always bugged me having really baggy looking sleeves whenever I wanted to take one from the shelf to listen to, so +1 for making my collection look a whole lot tidier!

Hell yea! I was in the same predicament too. It's a little more work to get the record out, taking the whole jacket out of the sleeve, then the inner sleeve, but its only a couple extra seconds.

I store the sleeves and leave the records on the dashboard of my car in the hot Louisiana sun.

Hell yea, after a while they melt and mold to the shape of the dashboard, so before ya know it you have a custom vinyl dash mat.

Limited edition, mutli-color varitant in a red/black/yellow/green splatter.

bagsunlimited.com

Yes, store them in the sleeve. If the crease bothers you, place the bags so that the opening faces outwards so you could read the spine.

This is what I do. I use sleeves with a resealable flap and put the record in sideways so that they look nice on the shelf.

I also discard all the paper dust sleeves and replace them with a translucent inner sleeve that removes static and makes it more fun to look at.

What is the point of having a sleeve on there in the first place then?!!?

at the risk of looking really stupid, what is the point of having a sleeve on there? protecting the record sleeve and/or the record itself from "the elements"?

I do put nearly all my records (i.e., the good ones) in poly inner sleeves (either the paper/poly ones or the clear ones), which I assume do something other than help keep stuff off the records...?

paper will turn yellow over time if exposed to the air.