VC/DC: Things to do for free or cheap?

I will be in our Nation's Capital from 9/2 - 9/6 and am looking for suggestions of inexpensive or free activities that do not necessarily involve landmarks and/or museums (been there, done that).

Theater?

Operatic / Symphonic productions?

Interesting "offbeat" places?

That sort of thing.

Any and all suggestions, regardless, are welcome. The main theme to adhere to is "inexpensive" or "free".

If you know of any websites that can supply me with this sort of information, please do share.

Thanks!

go to Adams Morgan! some record stores and lots of ethnic restaurants/fun bars with live music there. oh, and hang out with me, duh.

i'll actually be in DC next saturday cuz my cousin just moved there and i have an engagement shoot with a couple who lives in Arlington. but seriously, i'd make the trip down again to hang out!

Adams Morgan is awesome if you are a Chili lover though go to Bens Chili Bowl and get a Half-smoke its a half beef half pork sausauge with mustard, onions, and covered in chili and dam it is amazing plus the place is pretty cheap the chili cheese fries are insane as well its a must stop spot and it does not disappoint.