JUSTIN TOWNES EARLE Harlem River Blues LP pre-orde

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Anyone that has been keeping up with Suburban Home and Vinyl Collective will know that I am a big, big fan of Justin Townes Earle. His debut album "The Good Life", came out of nowhere for me and it instantly became one of my favorites. I played it so much in the office I think I pretty much soured his music for everyone around me. With "Midnight at the Movies", I really, really enjoyed that album, but I think "The Good Life" will always be my favorite. I finally got to see him this year at SxSw and it was amazing. He is bigger than life (it doesn't hurt that he so damned tall) and he is the real deal. In a few weeks, he will be releasing his 3rd album and follow-up to "Midnight at the Movies" and I will be posting a pre-order in our store. I am working things out with Bloodshot, but it looks as though I will be getting a free JTE bandana to give out with orders of the record. That and we will be able to give one lucky pre-order(er) a test pressing of "The Good Life" along with a vinyl copy of the Good Life and Midnight at the Movies. Apparently, Justin and his management snagged all of the test pressings for "Harlem River Blues".

Sounds Country have posted an mp3 of the title track. Check it out http://soundscountry.com/blog/2010/08/12/justin-townes-earle-harlem-river-blues/

I will be posting the pre-order on Monday or Tuesday. I will also be getting in copies of "The Good Life" and "Midnight at the Movies" which have both been repressed. Any Justin Townes Earle fans out there?

So much for cut backs. I was really liking the direction everything was headed. A new UTI came out, the VC Co-Op was getting rolling, all of the old stock was being auctioned, some labels were possibly getting paid off, the office/warehouse was being scaled down, distribution was switched to interpunk. And now in the last few days there have been news of a bunch of new pre-orders and ballin' on a bus.

So much for cut backs. I was really liking the direction everything was headed. A new UTI came out, the VC Co-Op was getting rolling, all of the old stock was being auctioned, some labels were possibly getting paid off, the office/warehouse was being scaled down, distribution was switched to interpunk. And now in the last few days there have been news of a bunch of new pre-orders and ballin' on a bus.

things change. you only have half the story (if that). while I appreciate your expert opinion, excuse me if i move forward on my own accord. if you don't like it, dont' support it. I have a lot to overcome and am not sure I will get there, but i am slowly working on taking care of all the things that got messed up. instead of giving unsolicited summaries of things you don't know all about, why don't you work on your own stuff instead of criticizing mine.

anyone have a problem with how I am doing things, call me or email me.

diggin' this virgil, never took the time to give it a listen, just may have to pick up one of both of these...

and just since it was mentioned. I still owe Virgil some goods, so while Virgil might have some shit to catch up on, I still owe him some shit as well. Life happens, shit happens and well, at least he hasn't really gone anywhere.

things change. you only have half the story (if that). while I appreciate your expert opinion, excuse me if i move forward on my own accord. if you don't like it, dont' support it. I have a lot to overcome and am not sure I will get there, but i am slowly working on taking care of all the things that got messed up. instead of giving unsolicited summaries of things you don't know all about, why don't you work on your own stuff instead of criticizing mine.

anyone have a problem with how I am doing things, call me or email me.

+1