ipod help

fooood

my first ipod was the 4gb mini. it had a black and white screen and did its job at the time but i filled it up really quick. for a while i just kept deleting and replacing songs until i eventually got an 80gb classic two years ago. then i sold the mini for $60 which is decent i suppose. my classic is also full now, but i dont have the money to upgrade, especially since theres nothing wrong with it. i think if you're just going to have a shuffle or nano, you might as well just carry around a few CDs seeing as how they cant hold much more than that. the ipod touch is a cool gadget and the apps are lots of fun, but they're wayyy overpriced considering that the classic which can hold so much more music is much cheaper.

Also of note: This is pretty much the end of the line for the classic. Apparently not too many people want to carry 160 gigs of music with them everywhere. Their new "large capacity" iPod is rumored to be a 128 gig. flash-driven unit.

New iPods are announced in September, new ones were just announced last week. So this "rumor" (which I haven't seen anywhere) is probably just a guess.

The iPod Classic was ignored during the latest Apple Event, but Apple has said it will still be stocked.

I try to stay away from anything that charges my iPod nonstop. I have a car thing, but use a direct-in line. Before that I used a tape-deck. Right now I have a portable iHome that charges and I wish it didn't. It doesn't when it's battery powered, but I'm also cheap and like to save on batteries unless I need them.

I don't know why it would directly lead to the death of your iPod, but if you constantly have it plugged it forgets that it has a battery, and eventually I guess it could forget so hard that it just dies.

Luckily, replacing a battery in an iPod is super easy, if you're the least bit comfortable with working with electronics. The toughest part is getting the case open, and even that isn't difficult. I've replaced a dozen or so batteries, as well as HDDs, screens, headphone jacks, etc. in iPods. If you'd like any pointers, PM me and i'll try to help you out.

I try to stay away from anything that charges my iPod nonstop. I have a car thing, but use a direct-in line. Before that I used a tape-deck. Right now I have a portable iHome that charges and I wish it didn't. It doesn't when it's battery powered, but I'm also cheap and like to save on batteries unless I need them.

I don't know why it would directly lead to the death of your iPod, but if you constantly have it plugged it forgets that it has a battery, and eventually I guess it could forget so hard that it just dies.

Kill the battery once a month or maybe twice a month and you should be fine.