Two Cow Garage announce "Sweet Saint Me" LP/CD, "L

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Columbus, Ohio, rockers, Two Cow Garage, are proud to announce their 5th album and follow up to the incredible album, "Speaking In Cursive". The album, "Sweet Saint Me" picks up where "Speaking In Cursive" left off but the album is a lot more focused and the songwriting could not be better. The album mixes rockers and acoustic tracks alike and hits home the fact that Two Cow Garage are becoming one of the greatest albeit underrated rock bands in America. Sure, I am biased, but if you have been following the guys since the beginning, you have most certainly noticed that the band has slowly forged their own sound (out of their alt-country humble beginnings) and have put together one of the most thunderous live sets you will ever see. The 13 track album boasts the strongest collection of songs Two Cow Garage have put together. The track listing is as follows:

1. Sally, I've been Shot

2. Sweet Saint Me

3. Lydia

4. Jackson, Don't you Worry

5. Wanted to be

6. What Dying is for

7. Closer to me

8. Angeline

9. My Great Gatsby

10. Soundtrack to my Summer

11. Lucy and the Butcher Knife

12. Insolent Youth

13. Brothers in Arms

"Lydia", the lead off single will go on sale on Friday, September 10th. The single will be available in 2 formats: as a limited edition polaroid taken by the band (hand-numbered out of 100 w/ digital download coupon) on their way to Denver for the 15th Anniversary weekend and digitally. I will only have 20 poloroids for sale in my store which will certainly go fast and the rest of the polaroids will be for sale at Two Cow's merch booth this weekend. If you miss out on one of the polaroids, the single will be available digitally through our Limited Pressing store and the Suburban Home bandcamp page. "Lydia" will be the A-side and "Montgomery Park" will be the b-side. The b-side won't be on the upcoming album.

"Sweet Saint Me" was recorded at Hi/Lo Studios in Eden, New York. The album was produced by Matt Smith and Two Cow Garage. The album was mixed and mastered by Stephen Egerton at Armstrong Recording in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Album art was designed by Geoff Allen (Funisok).

The album won't be in stores until late October, but the band will have copies of the CD for their album release show on September 25th and on their first tour in support of "Sweet Saint Me". We will soon be announcing a pre-order for the LP, CD, and Deluxe Sets for "Sweet Saint Me".

Two Cow Garage will be performing at this year's Suburban Home Anniversary on Friday, September 10th and will be backing Austin Lucas and Jon Snodgrass on Saturday, September 11th.

Huh? Released as a "limited edition polaroid?"

if Of Montreal can release an album as a lamp, we figured it would be cool to do something personal and one of a kind, like a polaroid picture

So it's a picture with a download code? No actual physical recording?

correct, it is a photo taken by the band, hand #d by the band, and the photo contains a download coupon. I like the idea, but I realize it isn't for everybody.

correct, it is a photo taken by the band, hand #d by the band, and the photo contains a download coupon. I like the idea, but I realize it isn't for everybody.

and I should add, this is just for the single; the album will come out on vinyl, cd, and digitally

Thumbs up, that's way better than a slip of paper or a glossy plastic card.

So is the photo of a download code, or is it just a random photo with a slip of paper?

two cow are armed with a polaroid camera and will take pictures on the road, at shows, hanging out, wherever. A download code will accompany the photo. The guys are stoked, I really like the idea. It's a really personal touch.

That is pretty high on the list of ridiculous ideas to make money.

not sure what you do for work, but I know a lot of people who do ridiculous things for money. Cleaning someone elses shit out of an outhouse, to me, seems like a ridiculous way to make money. The guys wanted to do something personal and with digital download coupons, you can release a "record" any way you want. Like I said before, this isn't for everyone. There are some really excited people about it though. And when it is all said and done, there really isn't going to be much money made.

This whole lets shit on everything Virgil says and does because we thinks hes trying to rip everyone off and lights his cigars with $100 bills is really getting old.

On that note I could not be more excited about this album....and Devin make sure you rage it all weekend for me as there is just no way I can get to Denver this year and its killing me inside.

• 2 weeks later...
This whole lets shit on everything Virgil says and does because we thinks hes trying to rip everyone off and lights his cigars with $100 bills is really getting old.

im pretty sure people would think this is a silly idea regardless of who released it. like virgil said, its not for everyone. as with many releases. some people will mock it, and some will embrace it.

• 2 weeks later...