any anime nerds?

i've been watching through clannad and clannad after story recently and it's been ripping my heart to shreds.

i finished hunter x hunter a while ago too and that was awesome.

i really hope they put out an ova or something to show off kurapika's full story arc though cause the end was nearly perfect to me besides that.

also, meruem and kogumi... :')

i've been watching through clannad and clannad after story recently and it's been ripping my heart to shreds.

i finished hunter x hunter a while ago too and that was awesome.

i really hope they put out an ova or something to show off kurapika's full story arc though cause the end was nearly perfect to me besides that.

also, meruem and kogumi... :')

Clannad is awesome, but quite sad. Check out Kanon (2006 version is the best). It's also by Key, and in the same vein as Clannad.

I've never met someone who thinks that FMA is better than FMA Brotherhood. If you liked the original, please watch Brotherhood. I promise you won't be dissapointed. It's got to be in my top 3, if not #1.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback.

Will do! Glad there are more episodes too!

Edit: what are your top three?

thanks, i'll check it out!

i'm a huge sucker for slice of life relationship type stuff.

Haha, I'm the same way. I feel so girly watching them sometimes. I also like harem every so often, so long as it's not too ecchi-like.

• 4 weeks later...

So it took me a reeeeally long time, but I'm proud to say I have officially caught up with One Piece. This makes me really sad though because I've done nothing but binge watch it every chance I got since starting the series. It's gonna drive me nuts having to actually wait a week for episodes now.

But I am excited to start some new stuff now though! Since I'm gonna get a chance to buy and play J-Stars Victory Vs.+ this summer I kind of wanted to knock out some shows that involve some of the playable characters that I don't know anything about or enough about. So what I've been thinking about so far is:

- Hunter x Hunter (although I feel like this should be my number 1 priority anyways because Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite anime of all-time)

- Toriko

- Bleach (I'm actually about 150 episodes or so into this. But I stopped randomly and haven't watched an episode in probably a couple years)

- Fist Of The North Star

I've also been tempted to start JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, but I'm not sure. I feel like this one shouldn't be a top priority.

So it took me a reeeeally long time, but I'm proud to say I have officially caught up with One Piece. This makes me really sad though because I've done nothing but binge watch it every chance I got since starting the series. It's gonna drive me nuts having to actually wait a week for episodes now.

Wow, aren't there like 600 or 700 episodes?

Wow, aren't there like 600 or 700 episodes?

680 to be exact, haha.  To be honest I didn't watch every filler episode though.  I'd say I watched at least half of them.  There's 96 filler episodes all-together to date.  But yeah, I definitely didn't knock all of these episodes out in a week.  It took me almost a year from the very beginning to now.  I think I started around last Summer.

Decided to go with Hunter x Hunter next and I have no regrets. It's the 2011 version because it's the only one available on Crunchyroll. But I'm loving it. The animation is beautiful, the story is great, and I love all of the voice acting. Which I don't think I've ever said that about a subbed anime before.

Part of me wishes I started watching the 1999 version first (which I didn't even know about until after I started the 2011 version) because I heard that it's a lot "darker" than the remade 2011 version and I love me some dark anime.

Either way, it's just making me so happy to watch something I haven't seen before from the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho.

Anywhere I can see the uncut version of Yu Yu Hakusho? Torrents are not available. Dvds are way too expensive.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't somewhere online that has it to watch. I've had all the DVD's for years though and they don't fluctuate in price at all. I believe at the time I got each season for between $15-$20 each. Been looking to upgrade to the blu-rays though. I'd love to re-watch the series in hi-def.

I don't frequent this thread toooo much, anyone watch/read Deadman Wonderland? I'm checking out the show right now.

I never read it, but I do know that the anime just stops out of nowhere.  As in there isn't really an "ending" to it and there probably won't be any more episodes either.  Which really sucks because I loved it.  Same with Blood Lad.

I never read it, but I do know that the anime just stops out of nowhere.  As in there isn't really an "ending" to it and there probably won't be any more episodes either.  Which really sucks because I loved it.  Same with Blood Lad.

Ah, bummer! I may not continue with it then.

Also, netflix only has it subbed, which means I can't get through it at work. Dammit netflix...

New choice: RWBY

Edit: Hrmmm. This animation is garbage :(

Also, netflix only has it subbed, which means I can't get through it at work. Dammit netflix...

New choice: RWBY

Edit: Hrmmm. This animation is garbage :(

RWBY is not really anime, just in anime style. Not sure what the shows future is anymore since the main creator passed away this past weekend.

I didn't mean for what I said to have the impression, haha.  I definitely still recommend finishing it especially since you're already into it.  The fact that it just ENDS does suck, but try not to let that stop you from enjoying the ride there!

I didn't mean for what I said to have the impression, haha. I definitely still recommend finishing it especially since you're already into it. The fact that it just ENDS does suck, but try not to let that stop you from enjoying the ride there!

I may at some point, can't deal with subs at work though, which is where is be viewing it. Looks like it's be up my alley.