How many records do you buy in a month?

just figured out all the 2010 releases i've picked up this year and it was about 50 full-lengths and another 20-30 7"s... then match that with reissues/older stuff and it probably adds up to about 10 a month for 2010, but that seems a bit low for me compared to recent years. oh, but it's not all vinyl. i still buy a lot of cds, especially if the vinyl is too expensive or the release doesn't lend itself well to the format.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, better question. how much money (in dollars, or whatever weirdo currency you europeans use) do you spend on average in one month on records?

So far this month I've spent $436.75 on records before shipping for myself (excluding stuff for my distro, obviously), mostly in one big order from No Idea, but also a couple other distros as well!!!

man, you guys must either all make a lot more than me, or be living paycheck to paycheck.

I sell my records too so that money just goes back into it. Sometimes I think i need two copies of something and then later on I decide it's stupid. This generally only happens if it's a record I like or if the colors are real nice or something.

Example being I have a first press of Minus the Bear Planet of Ice. Love the record but just bought one of those amazing looking purple records Virgil put out. Ill end up selling the first press at some point during one of my purging sessions. Then I'll buy more records. I also buy a lot of records for random reasons. This doesn't happen as much as it used to but sometimes just the cover, label or a random comment from someone in a record store can get me interested. Sometimes it turns out to be something I really like, other times it's a stinker and gets traded or sold.

Also once all the sales are over I will go back to normal which is anywhere from like 10-30 lps in a month. Smaller sized vinyl I am really trying to limit myself on.