How many records do you buy in a month?

I used to buy pretty much everything in sight and would often buy about 10-20 7"s and 5-10 LP's in a month. Recently, I've been buying far less, mainly I've becoming financially smarter and also don't have a stable income at the moment because I'm self employed. This month, I only bought 3 7"s and 2 LP's.

How many records do you all buy in a month? (both new and used)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started I had a lot of catching up to do just to make sure I still had the option of purchasing them as there were so few out there. At least the albums I wanted. I had at least 2 coming in every day or every other day for a little over a month.

I had over 20 come in while I was on vacation in late August.

not as many as I would like

That.

I'm a little envious of folks who can buy everything in sight, pre-order all variants, or splurge on rare eBay auctions. It must be awesome. But... I make a terrible hourly wage [though the work is easy] and have a nice student debt I'm chipping away at... so I'm grateful for every record I do get to buy. I'm averaging four or five a month. It works for me, but I'd someday like to be able to grab more. I think it'd be amazing to come home to 10 - 20 records on your doorstep.

I usually get about 4 per month. I spend way more time and energy on records than money; partly because I don't want to clutter my shelves with a bunch of stuff I never listen to and partly because I've got a wife and daughter to think about. Also, I think it would be kind of boring to be so rich you could buy every record you've ever wanted.

depends on the releases that month. If theres not a lot of new stuff I will put more searching into ebay and the sale threads. If theres a ton of new stuff coming up I plan for those and then if anything good comes up used.

Before I had a car payment I would spend a ton of money on records. Now I am a little more relaxed although being Xmas time I'm getting hit with a lot of great sales. December I will probably pull in like 50 records or more. Not including stufff for xmas.