Both Menzingers albums are getting pressed

Did I exaggerate a bit? Sure. It doesn't change the fact that I feel records shouldn't even cost $25. I have never had an issue with sound or packaging from labels such as Dischord or No Idea that use "thin vinyl" and "shitty jackets."

I appreciate the fact you put this much effort and care into what you do, but at the same time I think it's extravagance for the sake of extravagance. A super thick jacket can get damaged in the mail just as easily as thin one and I've heard thick records that were mastered/pressed poorly. By pricing things like this you are turning off potential buyers (such as myself) who would love to have a record but can't afford to drop $25 (hell, even $15 is a bit much for a brand new record) plus shipping on something that isn't a necessity. In my opinion it is excessive. I wouldn't mind at all if there was a $25 deluxe version and a cheaper substitute, but I understand that would increase your cost and is quite a bit to actually pull off.

I'm glad this is getting pressed, and I'm glad that you get to do it as you appear to be a fan of the band. However, I do not have the kind of income to sustain purchasing new records at such a cost. Sorry.

I totally see where you are coming from, but at the same time, to continue what we do we have to price records at certain price.

Our normal LPs (besides bigger re-issues that we have to license) are anywhere from $12-$15, which I think is extremely reasonable. This record will be somewhere in that region as well.

I'm glad to hear it'll be in that area. I think that is more than fair, it's just when it seems like things are $15 at minimum it always makes it a little harder for me to justify it.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

I totally see where you are coming from, but at the same time, to continue what we do we have to price records at certain price.

Our normal LPs (besides bigger re-issues that we have to license) are anywhere from $12-$15, which I think is extremely reasonable. This record will be somewhere in that region as well.

I'm glad to hear it'll be in that area. I think that is more than fair, it's just when it seems like things are $15 at minimum it always makes it a little harder for me to justify it.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Glad I have your support, thank you.

i'm really excited to see both of these being pressed, and i'm glad it's on MTS that's really cool. can't wait to get my no trigger 7" from you also

Me either dude, those 7"s are going to look so rad. The pressing plant keeps pushing the ship date back, after guaranteeing me I'd have them no later than the 14th.

Really stoked to see you at the show in TO on Friday RJ, too bad I couldn't make that private show prior to. Keep up the great packaging and quality of product. Won't hesitate to pre-order anything with Menzingers title on it coming from your neck of the woods.

As far as Toby goes, hope he presses more than 500 of Chamberlain Waits without any variants, just to cover all his concerns with Ebay gougers. Gotta keep that guy happy and keep RedScare goin.

Really stoked to see you at the show in TO on Friday RJ, too bad I couldn't make that private show prior to. Keep up the great packaging and quality of product. Won't hesitate to pre-order anything with Menzingers title on it coming from your neck of the woods.

As far as Toby goes, hope he presses more than 500 of Chamberlain Waits without any variants, just to cover all his concerns with Ebay gougers. Gotta keep that guy happy and keep RedScare goin.

Thanks dude, so great to meet you too!

Can europeans buy these? : /

I'm pretty sure the North American exclusiveness of the Blink-182 records was because someone else has the license for Europe.

That is because there is UMG North American and UMG International, and for some reason it's been nearly impossible to get permission from UMG International for the int'l rights.

• 1 month later...
I wish these guys were big enough out west to do a Canadian tour, the closest I've come to seeing them was in Edmonton but couldn't get time off to travel. Hoping to go to Fest this summer, though.

So glad these are being pressed soon, MTS does a bang up job on their releases.

bummer dude. Sorry shows don't happen over on the west coast just like that, man. I mean, Halifax gets tons of shit that you don't so I just feel bad.

I wish these guys were big enough out west to do a Canadian tour, the closest I've come to seeing them was in Edmonton but couldn't get time off to travel. Hoping to go to Fest this summer, though.

So glad these are being pressed soon, MTS does a bang up job on their releases.

bummer dude. Sorry shows don't happen over on the west coast just like that, man. I mean, Halifax gets tons of shit that you don't so I just feel bad.

I should have been more specific, more mid-west like Saskatchewan. We get skipped a lot but road trips to Alberta are always an option. I really wish I could have caught one of the shows with The Flatliners/Menzingers/Mockingbird Wish Me Luck, or maybe even one of the Bad Astronaut ones in Quebec coming up.

edit: sorry, to further clarify, the time I couldn't get time off they were SUPPOSED to be in Edmonton with Gaslight Anthem but couldn't make it. I forget the exact reason.

I should have been more specific, more mid-west like Saskatchewan. We get skipped a lot but road trips to Alberta are always an option. I really wish I could have caught one of the shows with The Flatliners/Menzingers/Mockingbird Wish Me Luck, or maybe even one of the Bad Astronaut ones in Quebec coming up.

edit: sorry, to further clarify, the time I couldn't get time off they were SUPPOSED to be in Edmonton with Gaslight Anthem but couldn't make it. I forget the exact reason.

If you were talking about the TGA/Menzingers Edmonton show back in Sept 2010, the Menzingers were there, I even got Tom and Eric to sign a t-shirt. They were just chilling at the merch table after the show and seemed like nice dudes.

We are hopefully signing the contract for the license this week. Looking like a May release to be realistic. It's taken forever to get the contract together and everyone on the same page.

will there be early pre-orders, or i shouldn't worry about potentially not getting 1st pressing if i dont keep in touch until around may?

We are hopefully signing the contract for the license this week. Looking like a May release to be realistic. It's taken forever to get the contract together and everyone on the same page.

will there be early pre-orders, or i shouldn't worry about potentially not getting 1st pressing if i dont keep in touch until around may?

I am not sure how to answer this...but on a side note there will only be one pressing of this release!! That is all I can say until we make the official announcement.