Face To Face - Disconnected 12" EP

Maybe somebody here can help out with some info on this Face To Face - Disconnected 12" test/white label promo.

It's a one-sided EP and it's definitely a German pressing. But to my knowledge there was never a regular release of this EP in this form. My guess is that the record company handling the German release of the Big Choice album just pressed a bunch of these as promos.

The matrix etchings are as follows:

Side A: 45 UPM / FTF 001-A / SST

Side B: LEERRILLEN

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

The German branch of Metronome belongs to Universal as does A&M who did the US re-release of "Big Choice" in 1995. Based on the matrix etchings and the sticker I would guess that this was never intended as a real release but that they just pressed a bunch to promote the Big Choice album in Germany.

"no offense but there's no way in hell this song's going on this record"

I wouldn't mind owning this...but I'd really rather find an original colored copy of don't turn away.

i met matt riddle at a show we put on when i was music director at my college radio station, when he was playing w/ pulley...he said that was an actual recording of a real conversation....

it always sounded pretty staged to me...

"no offense but there's no way in hell this song's going on this record"

I wouldn't mind owning this...but I'd really rather find an original colored copy of don't turn away.

i met matt riddle at a show we put on when i was music director at my college radio station, when he was playing w/ pulley...he said that was an actual recording of a real conversation....

it always sounded pretty staged to me...

It definitely sounded staged to me but that's pretty funny. Perhaps it was a reenactment?