Where is Virgil???!!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email this morning apologizing for a mistake on an order I made, saying he'd mail it out this week. Got a shipping confirmation not long after. I'm starting to think you guys are being a little rough on the guy. Some bad business moves, yes, but money grubbing asshole...probably not.

I got an email this morning apologizing for a mistake on an order I made, saying he'd mail it out this week. Got a shipping confirmation not long after. I'm starting to think you guys are being a little rough on the guy. Some bad business moves, yes, but money grubbing asshole...probably not.

Not sure if you saw the VC for life thing, or the giftcards, that are apparantly not valid, or the 2 year pre-orders, or his goal to travel to 160 different breweries this year, or the fact that he owes labels money from years ago.

Or that he fucked over Interpunk, ILC, and God knows how many other places.

I agree, he has had some pretty shitty business moves.

History repeats itself!

Subject : SUBURBAN HOME IN TROUBLE, WE NEED YOUR HELP

Dear Friends,

Ifm writing this letter today out of necessity. For all those that know me, I am not the type of person that enjoys discussing the day to day finances of my business, so please know that I would not be approaching you if it was not due to a dire situation.

As the retail music industry continues to go through hard times, we have just been informed this week that our biggest record distributor will be sending us a substantial retail return. This is the second return in two months, and they total $40,000. Without getting into specifics, this means that we will not be expecting a payment for quite some time.

For an independent business like mine, this could prove to be the end of Suburban Home if we donft do something about it. Imagine if your household did not receive any income for three months.

To get to the point, we need your help. We need to raise $20,000 over the next month and a half, or Suburban Home could be forced to close. This means that if 400 of you can find it in your hearts to each spend around $50 on our compact discs, t-shirts, and zines,(we are always adding new merch and records to our site) this would be enough to get us through this hard time. Also, there will be a series of benefit shows to save Suburban Home, and I want to thank all the bands that have already agreed to donate their time and talent.

The future of Suburban Home Records is bright if we can get through this. We have so many great releases planned in the near future including new records by The Gamits, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Stereotyperider, Mike Park, Laymen Terms, Adventures of Jet, and others. Our distributed labels(Negative Progression, Fastmusic, Double Zero, Law of Inertia, Goodfellow, Attention Deficit Disorder, Dying Wish, Soda Jerk, Status, and Grey Flight) will also be releasing new independent music throughout the year, and I would hate to see this be the end of our relationship together.

In closing, if you could find it in your hearts to help us out, we will be forever in your service. On behalf of everyone at Suburban Home Records and myself,

Your friend through music,

Virgil Dickerson

suburbanhomerecords.com

Good guy, backed hard

My god, are you people serious? Of course Virgil has had some good transactions. If you are a complete fuckup to everyone you aren't able to get into as big of a hole as Virgil has got himself into.

Just because you had a good experience or two with someone involving $10 does not mean that you should ignore the thousands of dollars that people are going to be out.

All I'm saying is I've never had a problem. I hope everyone gets their money back, and I think he's been fucking up for a long time now with the VC for life, closing the store, etc...but it's funny that all these people still did business with him knowing that this shit has happened before. Good customer service, but a bad businessman.

For my second VC order I sent three emails in as many months and got three shipping confirmations before I actually got my records.

I agree everything that's happening is fucked up, and he needs to pay these people back, I'm just not going to write him off as someone that's out to scam people. He got in way too deep and it's unfortunate on both sides.

i really dont think people care too much about his intentions.... that doesnt change whats happened at all