Verizon iPhone

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDMA phones are unable to process data and voice at the same time. I'm not sure how it works w/ a hot spot, but say for example you're on a call with someone and you want to look up directions w/ Google Maps, you can't do it. Or if you're on hold and want to check your e-mail, you can't do it.
I understand that part. My question is if you have an incoming call and you ignore it, can you seamlessly continue browsing (on phone or wifi hotspot)? AT&T fanboy claims that the incoming call cuts off your connection regardless of whether you choose to receive or ignore it.

Oops, my bad. I'm not sure...

I did LOL at the idea of AT&T Fanboys though. We live in a strange world.

The whole "don't buy it because something better is coming!" argument seems dumb to me because no shit, something better is ALWAYS coming.

Although I agree with you in most respects, this argument is not great in this situation for numerous reasons:

- Not a long time to wait until the next gen.

- 2 year contracts with cell phones unless you are ballin' and can afford to pay retail.

- Next Verizon IPhone should be LTE compatible. (Faster speeds, talk/internet at the same time)

- Existing phones with better hardware

What?

-But once the iPhone 5 comes out, the iPhone 6 is only a short year away...

-What does that have to do with waiting? You're always going to have to sign a 2 year contract or pay full price for the phone, be it now, next year, or ten years from now.

-Purely speculative. But even if the next one is LTE compatible, why not wait for whatever is after LTE? Surely it's not the end-all be-all of wireless technology.

-Again, what does that have to do with waiting for better technology?

While I see where you're coming from, I don't agree with those as valid reasons for arguing against such logic, as those points are always going to be present no matter when you are looking. In trying to argue against his point, it seems as though you supported just what he said.

Personally, I really don't understand why they decided to release the CDMA iPhone 4 at all. I figured they would've just waited until integrating dual-band chipsets in their phones before introducing CDMA-compatible devices. There's gonna be a ton of uninformed, pissed off Verizon customers come June.

I just read this article on Engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/14/exclusive-the-future-of-the-ipad-2-iphone-5-and-apple-tv-and/

They got some juicy info from a source that been reliable in the past. If you read on, apparently the iPhone 5 will be a substantial update.

That being said, I would wait for the 5.