Jay Reatard Shattered News Update!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably didn't sell out the first time around because the limited 7-inch wasn't even a Jay title... a lot of the exclusives were going to be CD releases, and there were a lot of downloads that weren't even flac, just 320 mp3. I was surprised that Jay didn't want to do some crazy limited vinyl to members only.

This new package is what I would have signed up for the first time around. It sucks that he had to die to get this sweet package.... And you still get the bonus download stuff too.

And the link works so hurry up!

I'm not positive but I don't think this ever sold out completely bacause at the time alot of peeps thought $75 was too much to spend. Shortly afterwards Jay passed and I am pretty sure not many people thought this would be completed, as did I think I was out the money. So I am sure there were/are a few more subscriptions left and doubt they are going to go over 250 since the first batch is done and the LP are almost. I am not speaking for anyone though, just my ASSumption. :) I am just really happy this is almost here.

I signed up and got the mp3s, but there was no option to choose the LP version of Watch Me Fall or what size t-shirt.

This is what makes me hesitant about ordering the subscription. It sounds awesome but I don't want to wind up getting a "Watch Me Fall" CD and a small shirt.

They will actually contact you when they are about to send out Watch Me Fall and the Shirt, I did this over a year ago and got my Watch Me Fall Vinyl about 2 weeks later, The shirts havent been completed yet, but they will email you when they are ready to send it out and they will ask you what size. This is a great deal. And if still limited to the 250 some of these will be awesome treats as well as the ones that get random stuff as well. Definitely support Jay, The Shattered Club is one way of keeping his memory alive especially if they get to repress all his other stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
so anyone heard anything else on this ?

On Jan 30th, I got an email that read:

Thank you for joining Jay Reatard's Shattered Club. By now you should have received the following MP3s:

Jay Reatard - Watch Me Fall

Jay Reatard - Greatest Messes Shattered Club Edition

Jay Reatard - "His Uniform" (demo)

The Reatards - Teenage Hate

Jeffrey Novak - Home Sweet Home

Hunx and His Punx - Teardrops On My Telephone

Useless Eaters - Hear/See

Coming in the next few weeks will be:

Jay Reatard - Watch Me Fall CD or LP

Jay Reatard - "You Get No Love" b/w "I Am Growing" 7"

Jay Reatard - Live at Golden Plains LP

Jay Reatard t-shirt

Please let me know whether you'd prefer Watch Me Fall on CD or LP, and your shirt size is.

Thank you,

Adam

I'll let you know when I get something in the mail.

• 3 weeks later...