At the risk of sounding preachy ...

oakland

The last of my three dogs that my wife and I have had since 1997 died the other day. I'm really sad and depressed, and I'm feeling a familiar feeling of wanting to get high to make myself feel better.

So I felt like it was a good time to say, if you are a young person please do yourself a favor and stay away from hard drugs, even pain killers and things you might consider weak. I know you probably hear this a lot from parents and teachers and shit like that, but I consider you people sort of friends, so please take my advice.

The saddest thing is that after only a short while using most drugs your receptors get burned out and you are no longer capable of getting high. You're just using to feel normal, and in a lot of cases you never do.

I've never met anyone who's life turned out better because of drugs. I'm not a crusader and I'm a firm believer in doing what you feel is best for you. Just wanted to give you a piece of advice.

Sorry to hear about your dog, hope you start to feel better soon.

My girlfriend wants us to get a big dog like a Great Dane but they have a really short life span, 6 years or something and I vetoed it because I don't think I'd be able to handle having a dog for such a short time.

Good advice regarding hard drugs, I consider myself lucky that I didn't really like the feeling of a lot of them so never really got into them.

I have to take what I feel is a lot of codeine everyday for medical reasons, I shudder to think how difficult it will be to stop taking it.