Dear Run for Cover Records(Jeff) - Its been 4years

pibbals

The cover WAS brought to Crime in Stereo's last show, and given to the person behind the merch table (whom I didn't know - wasn't someone in The band) it was still there at the end of the show so I grabbed it. I really don't see it being necessary to 'call me out' and make a thread about a printed out piece of paper, but alas, that's how things go around here isn't it. I like the strategic post title making it look like some crazy scandal as well, good touch. I will dig up your email now.

hahaha this is all for a COVER?

He bought a test press off me, I sent it to him. I believe he inquired if there would be covers for it. I told him I wanted to get something cool made but didn't really know what, and it eventually ended up being a photoshop/printer type thing. I am no designer, It took a while to get done and wasn't a top priority. Not to say I shouldn't have been more on top of sending it to him, but we are literally talking about a paper test press cover, just to make that clear. Nothing was 'ordered' and not received.

hahaha this is all for a COVER?

He bought a test press off me, I sent it to him. I believe he inquired if there would be covers for it. I told him I wanted to get something cool made but didn't really know what, and it eventually ended up being a photoshop/printer type thing. I am no designer, It took a while to get done and wasn't a top priority. Not to say I shouldn't have been more on top of sending it to him, but we are literally talking about a paper test press cover, just to make that clear. Nothing was 'ordered' and not received.

Wanna sell me a test press? :)

Is this thread really about a piece of computer paper that didn't even exist and wasn't included in what I sold him at the time? Yeah...it is.

But you still agreed to send/sell it to him right?

Since you care so much, here's another rundown of the situation.

I sold him a test press. He paid me, I sent it to him. He then inquired if there would be covers. I said I could make one up for him, but I didn't know what it would be. A lot of time passes, and finally one gets made. I agreed to bring it to a show, and brought it to that show. Somehow, it didn't end up in his hands. Cue the world ending.

I really don't see it being necessary to 'call me out' and make a thread about a printed out piece of paper, but alas, that's how things go around here isn't it.

Thanks for your advice / help. I already did this earlier today.

Seems like it was necessary

The last email he sent was 3 months ago. The one he sent a week before that I responded to. I think another email would probably have done the trick. I do not read/respond/pay attention to facebook messages.

Is this thread really about a piece of computer paper that didn't even exist and wasn't included in what I sold him at the time? Yeah...it is.

You know all those preorders you do? Those things don't exist when you sell them either.

I am sorry but that logic is not applicable to this situation. By "doesn't exist' I mean that it physically didn't exist, as well as not even existing in theory or idea. What he bought, I sent him. I never said anything about the test press having a cover, in fact I think I told him it didn't have one. Whether a physical record exists yet or not when its pre-ordered isn't a comparable situation. You're trying to make a problem where there isn't one. Even if I didn't send him the cover at all (which I did), no one is being ripped off since I sent him what he paid me for! I simply said "hey I will get around to making a cover eventually and get it to you." Whether that took 2 years to make or not is honestly my prerogative, I feel. And you can disagree, think I am a dick, whatever, but the fact is this problem is solved and doesn't need to be argued about anymore.