awesome summer jobs!!!!

I did the same thing. Was fun, but could be a bit much at times. I only worked at a day camp, but the field trips were brutal.

Yeah, ours was a day camp, too. We did field trips every Wednesday but they were almost always to the exact same place, a bandshell at a local park where the park district brought in childrens' performers every week. Super-easy way to kill an afternoon. Of course, any time we tried to deviate from that field trip plan, like go to the ice rink or the Discovery Center (a big, indoor kids' science center), it was total chaos.

All of our field trips were like that. Water parks, bowling, the science center, places like that. The overnight trip was pretty bad, too. One kid decides to puke, and it's like a chain reaction.

It wasn't terrible, but when I was 15, it really wasn't what I wanted to be doing.

I was a Veterinary Technician for two summers. One of my duties was unfortunately wrapping the dead animals in body bags.

Christ I don't think I could ever do that and I'm not even an "animal lover." I change the channel whenever that damn Sarah McLachlan commercial for whatever it is comes on. Otherwise I'll tear up.

I hated delivering pizza.

The worst part was everything other than delivering pizza.

I had to clean toilets, do dishes, make pizzas, sweep up the cigarette butts (that all the assholes who were too stupid to put them in the coffee can that was there for that purpose), mop, prep ingredients and so on.

Everyone who I worked with was a tweaker, and I always used to get called in.

Thanks a lot Papa John Schnatter

[image]

I do still like his pizza though.

I worked for Papa John's through high school. I was the absolute worst employee. I used to dry my hands, walk outside and throw the crumpled paper towels up into the hook of the "j" in "John's" on the front of the building. I got caught hiding in the walk-in fridge drinking slurpees during Summer too. I also changed names in the computer so that certain numbers would bring up "Name: Burt Reynolds" or "Name: Poop". Worst ever!

i worked at pizza hut in college, and i was their worst employee.

i would go next door to the liquor store and buy a bottle and keep it in the walk in and make mixers during my shift.

i would cut the pizzas into anywhere from 3 to 16 pieces. i once cut the ring of cheese off a stuffed crust pizza, although my favoite was the pizza i cut into a spiral.

i would fill out fake incident reports for stuff that never happened.

i made a bunch of extra pizzas, put them in my friends car and then sold them in the dorms.

if the drivers left their cars running i would move them to the opposite end of the parking lot.

i once called the "lead cook" a southern inbred redneck confederate fuck.

man, those were the days.

He convinced me to leave the Veterinary Track. Now I work in the high-glamor field of documentary producing. That summer's experience helped me figure out a lot though I had to have my cats injured tail operated on recently to the tune of $1400 so I think he has been doing alright.

haha, yeah. not saying they don't make a lot, but compared to other professions with the same amount of required schooling:

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Veterinarian/Salary

my best friend's long-time girlfriend is going to upenn to be a vet and i think he said when she graduates she'll be in debt somewhere in the $200k range. oof.

Almost a quarter of a million in debt while studying?! If that's even right she needs to learn how to live on a student budget.

ive had some awesome summer jobs

worked for a japanese exchange program, and got paid to literally sit around on campus during the day in case of emergencies, and go on field trips with 18-21 year old japanese girls... and the pay was ridiculous.. i think between billable hours and placement fees i must have made 15K doing absolutely nothing.

worked warped tour every summer from like 98 to 2007 anywhere from 2 weeks to the whole summer... sometimes legit, sometimes guerilla style.. survived selling dollar comps.. usually sold 5-15k of them over the summer.

besides that house sitting, running shows, bartending private events.