ROADTRIP! Record shops?

People:

I am setting out on an epic adventure this weekend. I will be leaving Chicago traveling to Knoxville. From Knoxville I will be going to Myrtle Beach. From Myrtle Beach I will be headed to New York (the City).

It's going to be a two week voyage.

What are the best record shops in every one of those cities? Are there any in between?

My girlfriend loves to watch me buy records. Dan can attest. And David.

For your troubles:

[image]

If you stop in Richmond.

Vinyl Conflict

324 S. Pine St.

Richmond, VA, 23220

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vinyl-Conflict-Record-Store/101077423935?v=info

It's a small little shop and they sell mostly punk/metal/hardcore.

Also there's Plan 9 Music which has a massive amount of records in the basement but you have to pick through to find anything most of the time. And Deep Grove is cool too.

http://www.facebook.com/deepgrooverecords

Give some more deets!

Going through Atlanta? If so, hit up Little Five Points (a district of Atlanta), and go to Criminal Records and Wax N Facts (within about 100 feet of each other).

And eat at Vortex - if you like burgers and beer.

Little Five Points is a trip. Saw a massive pillow fight in the park, hung out at the Vortex and watched my shitfaced friend oogle a tranny and hung out with the bouncer all night talking about black girls vs white girls.

I seriously fucking love it down there to the point I would move if I had a better reason. I cant wait to go back.

Yo dude! I'm in Knoxville.

Disc Exchange on Chapman Highway has tons of new releases.

Lost and Found Records on Broadway has a ton of older stuff, with limited new releases and a pretty decent gutterpunk and hip hop section.

Raven Records on Kingston Pike is pretty new and has some okay stuff, you just have to search because they don't have things sorted out well, but last time I was in there they has like 3 ALL records.

Music Room Guitars on Kingston Pike is really close to Raven Records and has some alright stuff, but super limited. You can get Beatles records there pretty cheap.

Mkays Used Books has records, but can be hit or miss. My friend got "Your Favorite Weapon" on clear there for 3.00 this past year, though.

Also, if you're into pizza, eat at Barleys Taproom.

If you go to Disc Exchange (which you should) stop at Rallys thats a block away and get some of their french fries. They'll make your peepee hard.

Yo dude! I'm in Knoxville.

Disc Exchange on Chapman Highway has tons of new releases.

Lost and Found Records on Broadway has a ton of older stuff, with limited new releases and a pretty decent gutterpunk and hip hop section.

Raven Records on Kingston Pike is pretty new and has some okay stuff, you just have to search because they don't have things sorted out well, but last time I was in there they has like 3 ALL records.

Music Room Guitars on Kingston Pike is really close to Raven Records and has some alright stuff, but super limited. You can get Beatles records there pretty cheap.

Mkays Used Books has records, but can be hit or miss. My friend got "Your Favorite Weapon" on clear there for 3.00 this past year, though.

Also, if you're into pizza, eat at Barleys Taproom.

If you go to Disc Exchange (which you should) stop at Rallys thats a block away and get some of their french fries. They'll make your peepee hard.

This is a gold mine.

Thank you sir.

Rally's as in:

[image]

???