screen print framing

depending on how much framing you plan doing you can get a few simple tools to make you're own frames. From there go to any art store like dick blick,hobby lobby,ect to get mat board. Go to a local glass business for the glass/get it cut to size

I know alot of people on here use americanframe.com but I like to see that type of stuff in person cause i'm picky.

What's a good/cheap mat cutter?

i'm not really well versed in brands, etc, but i got one at A.C. Moore's probably 5-7 years ago with a 50% off coupon that's still going strong.

just make sure you get one that's big enough to cut the size opening you want for your print if you don't get a handheld one.

The handheld one's are cheaper, and you'd need to invest in a good sturdy straight edge/t-square. The advantage of these is that you're not nearly as limited as far as dimensions you can cut. however, I've only ever used this style: http://www.amazon.com/Logan-450-Intermed....3844775&sr= 8-1

well, consider this:

spend $100 on a custom frame/mat (assuming itd be a $200 job and you get it 50% off at a place like A.C. Moores or Michaels) for one print. if you had 10 prints you needed framed and matted, you're at $1000.

if you spend $80 on a mat cutter (say you buy a nice one from A.C. Moores with a 50% off coupon), $5 on a piece of mat board, and $20 on a standard size frame from one of those places, that's around $330 for those same 10 prints.

it's cost effective to get the mat cutter if you plan on doing this on a regular basis and/or are framing more than one or two prints.

but seriously. my dad has zero art related skills and he can cut a mat.

that, and the fact that i haven't managed to cut a finger off doing it is proof that anyone can. as long as you make sure the bevel is going a uniform way (i.e. the opening of the mat has an edge that is slanted downward), and can do very basic math, you should be golden. i was an art major and i could handle the math, if that's any indication of the skill level required.

ikea frames fit most show posters

20 - 35

Yep, thats what i was going to say.

ikea has a good selection of frames that come with mats and if it doesnt fit the standard mat that comes with the frame, you can take the mat to Michaels/art shop and get the mat cut to fit your print and you should be golden.

Last time i got a frame from ikea for about 30 bucks, and the mat recut at a local shop for about 10

i finally found some cheap ass frames at target... 18x24 for $7. theyre just 4 black arms that you slide together, then a back and some clear plastic.

its nothing fancy, but it looks just as good as the same frames that go in the $20-30 range at ac moore.

i finally found some cheap ass frames at target... 18x24 for $7. theyre just 4 black arms that you slide together, then a back and some clear plastic.

its nothing fancy, but it looks just as good as the same frames that go in the $20-30 range at ac moore.

poster frames, you mean?

those are different than actually wooden frames with glass.