Cutman join the Underground Communique

[image]

Photo by Tantrum Dan

The Gainesville, FL post-hardcore band Cutman has joined-up with Underground Communiqu� Records for their 'as-yet-untitled' debut LP that will be released this October, at the Fest. The band has previously released two 7"s "Big Deal" and "No Trick Pony" with Team Science and Kiss of Death (respectively) & last appeared on the "#1 Reason to Move to Gainesville" Compilation on No Idea Records and the "Live from the Atlantic, Vol III" LP Compilation on Sound Study Recordings.

the line up on the LP will be:

James Hernandez, bass (ex Beat Buttons, Averkiou)

Jason Rockhill, vocals (ex Unitas)

Jonathan Hamilton, guitars (ex Escape Grace)

Ryan Paul McGrath, drums (ex Escape Grace)

They will enter Black Bear Studios in Gainesville this summer to wrap up the recording and begin planning the release of the album at the Fest 10 in October 2011.

If Myspace is deciding to work today, you can check out some songs here:

www.myspace.com/cutmanmusic

...or Like them on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cutman/193929513983967

The band has these shows booked:

April 30th in Gainesville, FL

at Common Grounds with: Carnivores, Rose Cross & Davila 666 (from Puerto Rico)

RSVP: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110248532388736

MORE INFO: www.commongroundslive.com

---------------------------------

June 18th in Orlando, FL

at Will's Pub with: Grave Return & Furious Dudes

RSVP: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170562802998646

A Personal Note from Justin at UCR HQ:

I've been very fortunate to see Cutman play 4 or 5 times. When considering they rarely leave Gainesville and I live in Chicago, that's a small accomplishment.I was able to see them in Tampa in 2008 (thanks to Eric the Red*) for the dual record release show for their 7"s. I was floored seeing them that night and have been in love ever since. When, Aaron from Team Science initially told me about the band and I just about passed out just thinking about what the band was going to sound like given the personnel involved (at that time they included Derron Nuhfer from Gunmoll). I was able to see them in Tampa in 2008 (thanks to Eric the Red*) for the dual record release show for their 7"s. I don't think I can convey in words how excited to be involved in this album that i really am. If you're into mid-90's post-hardcore bands like Quicksand, Fireside, Helmet, etc... then brace yourself, as they will probably be your new favorite band.

*and a bunch of other rad people from the VC Board.

• 1 month later...

Cutman started recording the album this weekend, the plan is that its going to be called "Universal Laws", they're recording 12 songs and a Samiam cover for a Samiam tribute comp on Death to False Hope (they're doing "Take Care" from "Whatever's Got You Down").

That's all I got for now...