VC: Canada

Guest errolwest

Guest errolwest

also, saw this on FB and thought it was pretty apt"

"Here I sit / broken-hearted / tried to vote / but only traded abortions for jets that can't fly"

Guest errolwest

oh, also, if anyone needs me, ill be beating my head against a fucking wall until i forget how stupid the general population is.

[image]

welp. looks like we are fucking fucked. here's to 4 years of a harper majority. goddamnit.

I did not see that coming. Balls.

Saw this coming and am very happy that the majority finally did what is right.

If you guys are so opposed to a Harper/Conservative led government, whom did you hope to win? Also, why did you want another party/candidate to win?

Guest errolwest

stephen harper was found in contempt of parliament, which is not exactly a good thing. not to mention the countless laws he has broken, and his blatant disregard for the people of canada.

Yeah, one of my friends who's been hardcore Conservative since middle school (he's an official member of the party, he paid and has a card and everything) told me about a month ago: "Listen, I know you're going to be insanely shocked, but there's no way in hell I'm voting Conservative this year." He went NDP. That fact alone worries me that there's now a Conservative majority.

But maybe this'll give the population the push it needs to actually care about voting. I personally am not sure who I would have voted if I'd made it out to vote, but I'm fairly sure that most who aren't voting are the younger generation, and if they HAD voted, most of them would have went NDP.

Guest errolwest
stephen harper was found in contempt of parliament, which is not exactly a good thing. not to mention the countless laws he has broken, and his blatant disregard for the people of canada.

your stupid blue province.

yup. we elected 3/4 conservatives. one of them has a video of him in the 80's delivering a hate speech.

also, a third of the voters here voted NDP, but we dont have any ndp seats. so fucked.

Guest errolwest

5,832,401 votes cast for the Conservative Party divided by 34,278,400 Canadians (as of January 1st 2011 according to Statistics Canada) times 100 (to find the percentage) = 18.06% of Canadians voted Stephen Harper into a majority government.

meaning, 81.94% of Canadians DIDN'T vote for the Harper Conservative Government.

Guest errolwest

we are in some real trouble. It is seriously time to switch to proportional representation, but now that the conservatives are in power, so electoral reform isnt happening any time soon.

Yeah it's because of this that I was hoping for anyone but Conservative to get a majority. Voted NDP personally. We really need electoral reform.

5,832,401 votes cast for the Conservative Party divided by 34,278,400 Canadians (as of January 1st 2011 according to Statistics Canada) times 100 (to find the percentage) = 18.06% of Canadians voted Stephen Harper into a majority government.

meaning, 81.94% of Canadians DIDN'T vote for the Harper Conservative Government.

Does your math account for all of the people under the voting age, or even people who can't vote strictly because of physical or personal circumstance?

The numbers can be twisted whatever way you want to make it look like an unfavourable decision by the voting public.

If every person in Canada who is eligible to vote actually voted, it is proven to within a percentage or two both ways that the outcome would be pretty much the same.

I can understand you are bitter with the outcome just the same way I would be upset if either Layton or Ignatieff had won the election. The mere thought of Jack Layton as Prime Minister makes me quiver.

The Liberals don't have a hope in hell until Justin Trudeau decides to step into the ring and take over the leadership of the party.