selling off cd collections

IMO, it's almost not worth it to sell them. The majority of CDs are only worth pennys. I found it easiest to put them all in CD wallets, and toss out the cases.

i have tons of books full of loose discs, and tons of discs still in cases, most of the jewel cases are cracked and broken except for the albums i really love.

i never did take very good care of my cd colelction.

but thomas is right, they aren't worth much.

if you have like a TON TON TON then you can pawn them for maybe $50, or take them to a place that sells used cds and they will buy them one at a time, if the condition is acceptable.

honestly, your best bet is to keep them and get a nice storage shelf for them to keep next to your stereo, or the cd book thing like thomas said. that way you can keep lots of albums you love in your car.

they may not sound as good as records, but they sound a lot better than mp3.

Typically, CD's aren't worth anything. But I've made back some cash on Amazon ($4-7) by listing CD's that are popular enough or rare enough that people aren't getting rid of them. If you've got some time, just look up each one on Amazon.

There are some things that are rare and believe it or not, original "pressings" of CD's can be worth more than newer versions.

Here's a quick one: I had an original, used 1987-88 "manufacturing" of a Dead Kennedy's CD. It sold for like $15 when the newer versions went for $1 for a used copy.

I made a good deal of cash looking up CD's at garage sales and thrift stores buying them at a buck and selling them for $4-8. Maybe you'll make some cash back.

Typically, CD's aren't worth anything. But I've made back some cash on Amazon ($4-7) by listing CD's that are popular enough or rare enough that people aren't getting rid of them. If you've got some time, just look up each one on Amazon.

There are some things that are rare and believe it or not, original "pressings" of CD's can be worth more than newer versions.

Here's a quick one: I had an original, used 1987-88 "manufacturing" of a Dead Kennedy's CD. It sold for like $15 when the newer versions went for $1 for a used copy.

I made a good deal of cash looking up CD's at garage sales and thrift stores buying them at a buck and selling them for $4-8. Maybe you'll make some cash back.

I have a friend who works at a used record shop in downtown Columbus. When I asked him if I should trade all my CDs in he said no and told me to sell them on Amazon. It's more work but at least you'll get enough money out of them that it ends up being worth your time/effort.