converting wav to hq mp3

There are hundreds of programs that can do this. That razerlame guide is good, or you can use CDex like almightyseancore suggested, or any modern media player can do it.

Whatever you use, make sure it uses the LAME MP3 encoder, which is by far the best.

For Windows, Foobar2000 and CDex work well.

For Mac, XLD and xACT are great.

Also, if you're going to encode as high 256 kbps CBR, you might as well use LAME's VBR0 (extreme variable bitrate) setting instead. It's honestly the best compression around these days. Pretty much the standard of quality.

Whatever you use, make sure it uses the LAME MP3 encoder, which is by far the best.

For Windows, Foobar2000 and CDex work well.

For Mac, XLD and xACT are great.

Also, if you're going to encode as high 256 kbps CBR, you might as well use LAME's VBR0 (extreme variable bitrate) setting instead. It's honestly the best compression around these days. Pretty much the standard of quality.

I'd have to agree with using LAME VBR0. 320kbps is too wasteful in terms of file size.

I've been using EAC to rip audio for years. Foobar can get the job done if you have the WAV files on your hard drive and not on a CD.

I'd have to agree with using LAME VBR0. 320kbps is too wasteful in terms of file size.

I've been using EAC to rip audio for years. Foobar can get the job done if you have the WAV files on your hard drive and not on a CD.

Good man! EAC is great, but it takes a bit of know-how to set up.

I feel like V2 is the best for quality/size ratio, but V0 is the best for quailty.

If he's planning on doing 256, he might as well do V0, since it fluctuates between 320 and 192. But you are correct. V2 has a good size-to-quality ratio.