Absolute noob question, please help! :)

It's black. For that particular record, he would know if it was colored since he would have had to buy it on the band's website within a small timeframe (I think it sold out in ~4 hours). This is assuming he didn't get it second hand, which even then he would more than likely still know if it was colored.

Welcome aboard. Just as an FYI...the plural of vinyl is vinyl...no "s" needed at the end. Call it vinyl and you'll incur the wrath of some of the holier-than-thou types around here.

In regards to your question, unless the label releasing the record marks on the sleeve (or shrinkwrap rather) if it's color or black, only way to find out is by opening the record. There is no special catalog number of barcode or anything like that to mark it as colored.

What is the record in question?

Haha, thanks! As I said, I've not been collecting for long, and as for my spelling the clue was in the title... I just didn't realise that my grammar would upset people so much that they'd sit and spend their own time typing up sad replies rather than helping others.

And its Danger Days by My Chemical Romance, only reason I'm curious at all over the version is the black is going for £20/£30 and the coloured is going for £150, so if it turns out to be the coloured one it'd save me saving up to get that one at a later time! :)

[image]

Like other people have already said the record he is selling on eBay is black. Done that plenty of times myself when selling a record. If he thought there was a chance it was on color he would open it up and find out. I have been "collecting" vinyl for 13 years and my advice to you is give up on color. Records kick ass no matter what color they are on. Think of how many more you can get if you don't blow all your money hunting down something on a rare color. I understand it is a part of the fun but in the longterm it's better just to let go.

It's black. For that particular record, he would know if it was colored since he would have had to buy it on the band's website within a small timeframe (I think it sold out in ~4 hours). This is assuming he didn't get it second hand, which even then he would more than likely still know if it was colored.

Haha, thanks! As I said, I've not been collecting for long, and as for my spelling the clue was in the title... I just didn't realise that my grammar would upset people so much that they'd sit and spend their own time typing up sad replies rather than helping others.

And its Danger Days by My Chemical Romance, only reason I'm curious at all over the version is the black is going for £20/£30 and the coloured is going for £150, so if it turns out to be the coloured one it'd save me saving up to get that one at a later time! :)

[image]

That photo is absolutely fantastic.