SNFU appreciation

“We kind of stole the idea from some crowd-funding models that we admire,” he said, citing inspirations from Eastern Canadian band Protest the Hero among others. “The label has already paid for everything, but that means that SNFU is just working off a $60,000 debt. So we had the idea, why don’t we make it available exclusively, early, for collectors? We’ll make a one-time printing only of vinyl with special artwork, and sign it, and we’ll mail it out before the official release.

OIC. Retarded.

• 4 months later...

So I picked up the lp from interpunk for $15.50. Black vinyl, no download card, and no insert. The music on it is great, no signs of slowing down at all. The biggest surprise is Mr Chi Pig's voice. It's fucking shot. He literally sounds like a old toothless homeless dude, which I guess he is... It's comparable to Johnny Cash's voice on the last American recordings. Not that Cash was homeless or anything, but he was 71, 20 years older then Chi. Like I said, the music's great, the lyrics are right on par with other releases, unfortunately, I get depressed when I listen to it due to the deterioration of Chi's voice...