Duke Nukem Forever

I played both online and story mode and lets start with online first. You can tell the game took so long to make because the online has the feel of older games like Quake. It has jump pads and is all about getting the power weapons.

Now for the story mode I played for probably 1.5-2 hours and it had some funny parts and the shooting parts are fun and entertaining but then you have stupid parts where you are driving in an RC car for an entire level. If you can get through the borrow stupid, time killing parts the fighting parts will probably be worth it.

Overall it seems like you are better off renting, rather than buying it.

i'm bummed about this too. but a lot of the negativity i've heard is from people who were expecting Forever to revolutionize something, like 3D did. instead, it seems like they're disappointed in it being too much like 3D. i dont know if i'd actually have a problem with this... who knows.

that is what i was wondering....who exactly took over after 2009 and made the game that came out recently? i wonder how much it must suck to see the game come out that you worked so hard on and see the quality of it now.

its kinda sad to see someone with an idea and desire but no goal or end defined who tried for countless years. i wonder what the whole story is since 2009.

so i finally rented this, and played it up to the first mothership battle.

better than i was expecting it to be, but not by much.

feels a lot like quake 4.

also, i'm playing it on ps3 cos blockbuster was out of the xbox copies.

i hate the feel of an FPS on a playstation controller.

really wish i was playing this on xbox instead.

Guest errolwest
i'm not too far in, but i can't say it's "so bad".

it's enjoyable.

the load times are a tad unbearable, though.

it starts to get really confusing and hard to play. its really weird. but yeah, load times are brutal. which i dont understand because the graphics arent that intense, nor are the maps all that big. i just dont get it.