FS Blink 182 TOYPAJ Hot Topic

dstnatnunknwn

Actually I didn't buy an extra one to flip, I had someone want me to pick them up one and then fucking bailed on me, so why don't you stop making generalizations on why I have a 2nd one.

knew that was coming. the oldest and lamest excuse flippers use.

Thats okay man, you dont have to believe me. It doesn't bother me, but why would I flip this one record. that doesn't make any sense. I would have bought all the mtats shows too and all the plus 44s, but no i only have one of each for me. so you are more than entitled to your opinion but I am not just flipping this for profit. I truly got stuck with a second copy.

knew that was coming. the oldest and lamest excuse flippers use.

Thats okay man, you dont have to believe me. It doesn't bother me, but why would I flip this one record. that doesn't make any sense. I would have bought all the mtats shows too and all the plus 44s, but no i only have one of each for me. so you are more than entitled to your opinion but I am not just flipping this for profit. I truly got stuck with a second copy.

wanting $30ppd for this is flipping this for profit...

So with that mentality, selling a record for anything above face value is flipping for profit. Guess everybody on here needs to fix their sale threads or they will be considered a flipper.

no you sir are stupid

half the people on here dont buy records to flip them

they buy them because they like the band or want the record in general

they fall on hard times and they know the record is worth something so they try and sell it for more than what they payed for it

thats not flipping

flipping a record would be me buying multiple copies of a rare variant of a record and not keeping any of them.

learn your shit

This is the stupidest thread I have ever read. The guy can sell the record for $100. Who the fuck are you to say he can't? The record was $20 and he added $5 for shipping, whats the problem? Who cares if he has 1 or 10 copies. I think $25 is fair given the retail. If you can't afford it, shut your mouth and move on, don't give a dude a hard time because you're cheap.

He clearly stated that he is a fan of the band and has one of every other recording that they have put out. He also said that he got stuck with 2 copies and has no use for the other. Why would he keep something he doesn't need? Just because he's new here doesn't mean he's trying to flip records.

The market dictates the value of the record. Learn your shit.

This is the stupidest thread I have ever read. The guy can sell the record for $100. Who the fuck are you to say he can't? The record was $20 and he added $5 for shipping, whats the problem? Who cares if he has 1 or 10 copies. I think $25 is fair given the retail. If you can't afford it, shut your mouth and move on, don't give a dude a hard time because you're cheap.

+10. I will get around to the other 9

Just for the record, if someone writes:

"$X OBO"

That doesn't mean they will/should take any offer thrown at them. That is just silly, and no one would ever do it.

agree 100%. lay off the dude and give him the benefit of the doubt. if he's truly a flipper he would have just put it on ebay. or listed it at 30+ ppd. he'd want way more than 25 for it. if you legit get mad at this guy making for making a 5 dollar profit, you have serious issues.

and to the OP...we're not all douches. some people just have a really bad habit of being a jerk to the new guy. don't worry about it and welcome to the boards.

"$X OBO"

That doesn't mean they will/should take any offer thrown at them. That is just silly, and no one would ever do it.

agree 100%. lay off the dude and give him the benefit of the doubt. if he's truly a flipper he would have just put it on ebay. or listed it at 30+ ppd. he'd want way more than 25 for it. if you legit get mad at this guy making for making a 5 dollar profit, you have serious issues.

and to the OP...we're not all douches. some people just have a really bad habit of being a jerk to the new guy. don't worry about it and welcome to the boards.

many apologies, wasnt trying to be a dick at all just started out as a joke for the $10ppd offer then shit got out of hand

my bad!

hilarious how this thread blew up after this guy edited his first post multiple times to adjust to the harsh sentiments he was getting. it goes from wanting offers, to getting offers and ingoring them, telling potential buyers to to fuck off, then going back and deleting any posts where he criticized the offers he was getting and any post that could piss people off more, to finally lowering the price once being called out as a flipper, to lame excuses for failing at flipping, to random people jumping in trying to defend someone caught with their tail between their legs, who joined just to try and sell something and in all likelihood will never post here again after he sells it.

hilarious how this thread blew up after this guy edited his first post multiple times to adjust to the harsh sentiments he was getting. it goes from wanting offers, to getting offers and ingoring them, telling potential buyers to to fuck off, then going back and deleting any posts where he criticized the offers he was getting and any post that could piss people off more, to finally lowering the price once being called out as a flipper, to lame excuses for failing at flipping, to random people jumping in trying to defend someone caught with their tail between their legs, who joined just to try and sell something and in all likelihood will never post here again after he sells it.

You know what man, there is no pleasing you, I have an extra record, if I sell it cool, If I don't cool too. someone may want to buy it eventually, they may not, its all good man, I am not going to let your shit attitude get me down. oh and don't worry ill be on here all the time, just wait and see ;D

"$X OBO"

Thank you sir! glad to be here, and don't worry I don't think all you guys are like this.

I don't really care if he never posts again. I have no problem with him or people trying to make a buck off selling records. This board has been over run with new jacks trying to muscle their way in, throwing negativity around and generally ruining a good time for everyone that has been here and will continue to be here. If you don't like what someone is selling a record for, send them a PM. Flipping happens in every hobby. Try and get an Olly Moss poster or a MONDO release when it happens and then talk to me about flipping. Over 50% of those posters end up on ebay and they sell out in seconds. This record was easy to get and hardly worth shedding internet tears about.

It's the nature of the beast. Something is demand, flippers will be around. They don't care that some kids on a message board they dont read are crying about it. This isn't a new topic and no one cares. Throw in some quality posts and become part of the community instead of that guy. We have that guy already, we don't need any more. This isn't directed at one person but instead anyone who reads it. Give us something useful. Release information, websites with bargains for vinyl, tour merch updates. Thats the kind of shit that this board needs.

I don't really care if he never posts again. I have no problem with him or people trying to make a buck off selling records. This board has been over run with new jacks trying to muscle their way in, throwing negativity around and generally ruining a good time for everyone that has been here and will continue to be here. If you don't like what someone is selling a record for, send them a PM. Flipping happens in every hobby. Try and get an Olly Moss poster or a MONDO release when it happens and then talk to me about flipping. Over 50% of those posters end up on ebay and they sell out in seconds. This record was easy to get and hardly worth shedding internet tears about.

It's the nature of the beast. Something is demand, flippers will be around. They don't care that some kids on a message board they dont read are crying about it. This isn't a new topic and no one cares. Throw in some quality posts and become part of the community instead of that guy. We have that guy already, we don't need any more. This isn't directed at one person but instead anyone who reads it. Give us something useful. Release information, websites with bargains for vinyl, tour merch updates. Thats the kind of shit that this board needs.

+1

I really can't believe it blew this far out of proportion, I never meant to start anything with anyone, Yes, this was my first time posting on the board, I have been on here since April because I found it a very useful tool for new and interesting stuff having to do with vinyl, Yes, I want to be a part of this board I believe that this is an awesome way to buy and trade awesome vinyl. Yes, I am trying to sell this record, and I hope someone buys it. I thought I would try and sell it to someone on here that might want it, instead of some asshole on Ebay, if you take that as flipping, so be it. I don't want to be that guy. I want to talk about new releases and tour merch and all that stuff. and i understand that being the "new guy" that people want to give me a hard time. that's fine. I know what I'm about and it's not ripping people off. I came here to have a good time and my first sale/ post turned into a back and forth mess. I'm done with it, if anyone is interested in the vinyl cool. Pm me or get at me on here. But I'm done with all the negativity.

Like I said this isn't directed at this group of people exactly. This thread and type of thread happens way too often lately. You can apply this to anyone. I personally dont care if people flip records, or dont flip records and I don't care if you are or arent. I actually would prefer people just come out and say they are flipping instead of joining this board and then selling their entire collection 6 months later. I've sold records for more then I've paid dozens of times. I also do the leg work, spend all my time outside of work involving myself in the record community and it's what I love. That's not my point. It's just there is no way this thread should be 2 pages long for selling a record. Everyone needs to focus the energy into something more useful.

Welcome to all the new members. Don't let the fact I just blew up turn you off from this board. It can be useful, it can be ridiculous. Things have drastically changed from how it was but with more awesome people contributing we can make it better and less of a laughing stock.

I'm also not always a prick. This shit just gets old.

Like I said this isn't directed at this group of people exactly. This thread and type of thread happens way too often lately. You can apply this to anyone. I personally dont care if people flip records, or dont flip records and I don't care if you are or arent. I actually would prefer people just come out and say they are flipping instead of joining this board and then selling their entire collection 6 months later. I've sold records for more then I've paid dozens of times. I also do the leg work, spend all my time outside of work involving myself in the record community and it's what I love. That's not my point. It's just there is no way this thread should be 2 pages long for selling a record. Everyone needs to focus the energy into something more useful.

Welcome to all the new members. Don't let the fact I just blew up turn you off from this board. It can be useful, it can be ridiculous. Things have drastically changed from how it was but with more awesome people contributing we can make it better and less of a laughing stock.

I'm also not always a prick. This shit just gets old.

I understand exactly, I agree, and just for the record im not here to flip records if I wanted to make money I would have went straight to ebay and made money. Blink is my favorite band, and like i have stated earlier, I could have bought all 6 copies of the mtats show and such at my hot topic because they don't sell vinyl well at that one. I'm not going to be selling my collection. I don't even have a huge collection. but once again, im getting off point. I didn't think you were being a dick at all, I have some blame in the freaking thing going to 2 pages. but like I said I'm done with the non sense, Glad to be on the board, and thanks for welcoming me.

This.

Seriously guys, get a life. Think about it, say he was "flipping" this record, he's making a FIVE dollar profit. If he's a flipper, he's the worst one I've ever seen. Also, I find it hilarious that the two dudes who are being dicks are practically new themselves. One's just over a hundred posts, and one's right under. It's like the new kid making fun of the newer kid in class.

+1

I bought this and was hoping to trade it once it sold out. The young Blink fans will trade GOOD records for this shit. Well, nobody wanted to trade and nobody wanted to give me $30 for it. I stuck it on Amazon lower than any other seller had it. Somebody just bought it for $50. Now that's flipping!