Ryan Adams

favorite record? heartbreaker. do i think that ashes and fire will really be the spiritual "brother" to heartbreaker? no... i don't think so. i don't want another heartbreaker. but if any of the songs we've heard since iii/iv are any indications (mostly going by "empty room" and that "so lost" song), i'd be hopeful. regardless of the outcome, the guy can do no wrong (except for "note to self: don't die").

favorite record? heartbreaker. do i think that ashes and fire will really be the spiritual "brother" to heartbreaker? no... i don't think so. i don't want another heartbreaker. but if any of the songs we've heard since iii/iv are any indications (mostly going by "empty room" and that "so lost" song), i'd be hopeful. regardless of the outcome, the guy can do no wrong (except for "note to self: don't die").

i still don't everything this guy's put out.....just so damn much, but I've acquired a decent chunk of it...seriously, for being as prolific as he is, he doesn't seem to put out bad releases.

probably the biggest act to come through Tuscaloosa (aside from Country Music people bleh) while I lived there and the lack of promotion for that show made me sick, it still sold out, and was hands down in my top 3 favorite shows I saw in that city...also having a recording of that entire show just makes it that much better

Freaking stoked as hell about this new record

i still don't everything this guy's put out.....just so damn much, but I've acquired a decent chunk of it...seriously, for being as prolific as he is, he doesn't seem to put out bad releases.

probably the biggest act to come through Tuscaloosa (aside from Country Music people bleh) while I lived there and the lack of promotion for that show made me sick, it still sold out, and was hands down in my top 3 favorite shows I saw in that city...also having a recording of that entire show just makes it that much better

Freaking stoked as hell about this new record

New album is called "Ashes & Fire". It was produced by Glyn Johns ( rocknroll wizard & true gentleman). It has 11 songs on it. I played acoustic on all of them and sang and played live to tape. We recorded the album ALL 100 percent ANALOG ( 2" tape mixed to 1/4" ). A computer didn't touch this album. It has very few overdubs. I gave these songs the most consideration I have ever given and it is certainly the longest amount of time I've spent writing. It was made with total love. Very excited. XX

http://www.facebook.com/ryanadams/posts/10150265425226431

so excited for this

New album is called "Ashes & Fire". It was produced by Glyn Johns ( rocknroll wizard & true gentleman). It has 11 songs on it. I played acoustic on all of them and sang and played live to tape. We recorded the album ALL 100 percent ANALOG ( 2" tape mixed to 1/4" ). A computer didn't touch this album. It has very few overdubs. I gave these songs the most consideration I have ever given and it is certainly the longest amount of time I've spent writing. It was made with total love. Very excited. XX

http://www.facebook.com/ryanadams/posts/10150265425226431

so excited for this

i highly recommend tracking down the darkbreaker/elizabethtown sessions, as well as the sad dracula albums. my favorite unreleased album will always be 48 hours, though.

i highly recommend tracking down the darkbreaker/elizabethtown sessions, as well as the sad dracula albums. my favorite unreleased album will always be 48 hours, though.

no idea. but pitchfork just posted his west coast tour dates today.

10-11 San Diego, CA - Balboa Theater

10-13 Big Sur, CA - Henry Miller Library

10-14 San Francisco, CA - Herbst Theater

10-15 Napa, CA - Uptown Theater

10-17 Santa Cruz, CA - The Rio

10-18 Sacramento, CA - Crest Theatre

10-20 Eugene, OR - The Shedd

10-21 Seattle, WA - Benaroya