{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to add on to that, it's another reason i think anyone with an ipod/itouch/iphone/mp3 player docking station is an idiot. Why spend $200 on a crappy system with crappy sound, taking up extra room, when you can just buy a $2 cable, and have it all going through your existing stereo?

stupid people are stupid

Unless you want one for say, your bedroom whilst your stereo is in your lounge?

Maybe a $200 docking station has comparable sound to an old stereo, and takes up less space?

Or maybe, just maybe you have an ipod/iphone which needs to be charged from time to time?

I'm with the CD doomsayers, the medium will be dead before too much longer, at least for NEW sales. Late adopters will suddenly find CD libraries for incredibly cheap. Those into digital sound will buy it online (now that the norm is to offer CD quality or above on digital albums). Those who dig the physical product like us will do the vinyl-only thing. Better aesthetic, artwork, and information all the way around for those who demand the complete package (especially now that most come with extras like online codes, t-shirts, etc.). No way in hell I'd spend $15.99 on a CD when I can get it digital for cheap or spend a few bucks more and get the vinyl + the digital version.

totally agree. I just recently bought Alkaline Trio's Damnesia at Hot Topic, and I saw the CD on the counter for 15.99. But the clear vinyl was around 20 plus a copy of the cd. obviously the better choice is a few bucks more for the vinyl + the cd.

Shut the fuck up, you fucking nerds.

:-*

i have an aux input with a Radio Shack cord from my iPhone since i dropped my damn 160gb iPod out of my work cooler into the dishwater a week after i got it. smooth.

i think it sounds decent, the factory radio in my 2010 car is the weakest link though. i wouldn't mind an upgrade but i don't need much more than an aux input at this point in time.

Maybe I'm over practical, but I find that I still buy CDs rather often. If it's not available on vinyl, I'd rather have a physical copy on hand for when my hard drive inevitably dies. I've lost a handful of computers over my years (and yes, the externals that backed them up as well), but I can always pop a CD into the new computer, re-sync my iPod/iPhone, and I'm good to go!

Maybe I'm over practical, but I find that I still buy CDs rather often. If it's not available on vinyl, I'd rather have a physical copy on hand for when my hard drive inevitably dies. I've lost a handful of computers over my years (and yes, the externals that backed them up as well), but I can always pop a CD into the new computer, re-sync my iPod/iPhone, and I'm good to go!

I still buy cd's from time to time too.. but if you have lost hard drives, maybe its time to consider physical backups to dvd.. I've started on this process and man it is a pain in the ass, but worth it in the long run if I ever lose my backup hard drives. I suppose a blu-ray burner and backup blu-ray discs would save some time (25gb per disc vs 4 or 8), but not quite that desperate yet.