New Facebook Update

I heard a little about that in an article and don't understand. Why does Zuck think people want every detail easily accessed? More importantly, why DO peole want every detail of their lives easily accessed? Terrible.

I enjoy my privacy. Every so often I consider deleting accounts at various message boards I've been to just so people can't find my every thought as I casually posted from age 14 on. Luckily most of the boards I really posted on have died, but I've got 2 accounts at Absolute Punk I'd like to delete, and possibly wipe clean this account and start over. I post something on facebook, then delete everything periodically. I'm just paranoid of someone holding something I said 5 years ago against me as they look it up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you think THIS version of facebook is cluttered, update to 'facebook timeline.'

or wait a month, when you have no choice ;)

Yup. Couldnt sleep the other night so I watched the f8 keynote. This current facebook redesign is just temporary while they finish up everything for Timeline. The open Grid stuff Zuckerberg talked about seems pretty cool though.

I enjoy my privacy. Every so often I consider deleting accounts at various message boards I've been to just so people can't find my every thought as I casually posted from age 14 on. Luckily most of the boards I really posted on have died, but I've got 2 accounts at Absolute Punk I'd like to delete, and possibly wipe clean this account and start over. I post something on facebook, then delete everything periodically. I'm just paranoid of someone holding something I said 5 years ago against me as they look it up.

I totally agree with this - stupid example, but I came across a MOC account I forgot I had last night and completely deleted it. Wishing I could delete an Amazon.com account I had when I was 16 that has super embarrassing reviews. The internet as a keeper of all things can be sort of a fail.