Maniac Original Soundtrack LP /500

I bought this today because of the awesome cover art. Is there something wrong with me?? Pressed on heavyweight 200 gram vinyl. Limited to 500 copies (325 copies on black vinyl, 175 copies on clear/red mix, all randomly inserted). $20 US.

http://www.mondotees.com/Maniac-Original-Soundtrack-LP_p_332.html

[image]

i ordered rather late in the afternoon... and received the clear with red (a bit more pinkish with streaks - not splattered, a bit of black too). one of the best drone scores of all time. definitely compliments this horrific slasher of a film.

looks somewhat similar to teenage bottlerocket's "another way" clear with red splatter variant.

it doesn't quite feel like heavyweight 200 gram (maybe the black vinyl only?).. more like 120-150 gram.

it appears these copies are being flipped on ebay.... this one (clear w/ red) just sold for $100.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MANIAC-Soundtrack-LP-Movie-Mondo-Alamo-Drafthouse-Horror-/220862900520

"one of the best drone scores of all time"

i'm kind of dumbfounded by this statement. not that the music from Maniac isn't enjoyable, but moreso that if not for 1) the whole neo-nu-age synth revival 2) a new touring print of the film 3) the artwork tie-in with a nerdy poster site NO ONE WOULD CARE. there are literally hundreds of droning, Morodor/Simonetti esque sountracks to obscure horror flicks doomed to lanquish in obscurity, chillin' in the stack of vhs tapes at your parents house.

so while it's cool that this movie and it's score are getting some love (gotta love Tom Savini's death scene), I'm having a hard time believing the hype.

"one of the best drone scores of all time"

i'm kind of dumbfounded by this statement. not that the music from Maniac isn't enjoyable, but moreso that if not for 1) the whole neo-nu-age synth revival 2) a new touring print of the film 3) the artwork tie-in with a nerdy poster site NO ONE WOULD CARE. there are literally hundreds of droning, Morodor/Simonetti esque sountracks to obscure horror flicks doomed to lanquish in obscurity, chillin' in the stack of vhs tapes at your parents house.

so while it's cool that this movie and it's score are getting some love (gotta love Tom Savini's death scene), I'm having a hard time believing the hype.

maybe i dont know the style enough but to me it all sounds the same as other old horror movies. this one is all about the "prestige" of buying some Ken Taylor stuff on vinyl cover. still haven't received mine but i doubt ill ever listen to it unless im looking for sounds but then id probably be using a digital format.

love the brandon bird nic cage avatar