Steve Jobs: Dead at 56 RIP

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a pretty dumb thing to say live on stage but steve jobs was just about the biggest asshole in the business world.

http://gawker.com/5847344/what-everyone-is-too-polite-to-say-about-steve-jobs

I don't see how a lot of that is necessarily attributed to him. I think the only legitimate point in that article is his lack of philanthropy, which while perhaps shows a lack of heart, is hardly sinister.

Apple contracts much of its manufacturing out to Foxconn. None of those "lowly workers" are Apple employees. While Foxconn's shitty business practices and work conditions may reflect poorly on companies that work with them (Apple), calling them "Apple's factories" is just shitty journalism. Foxconn makes products for countless different companies.

I get it, though. You didn't like Steve Jobs. Cool story bro.

it's a pretty dumb thing to say live on stage but steve jobs was just about the biggest asshole in the business world.

I don't see how a lot of that is necessarily attributed to him. I think the only legitimate point in that article is his lack of philanthropy, which while perhaps shows a lack of heart, is hardly sinister.

Apple contracts much of its manufacturing out to Foxconn. None of those "lowly workers" are Apple employees. While Foxconn's shitty business practices and work conditions may reflect poorly on companies that work with them (Apple), calling them "Apple's factories" is just shitty journalism. Foxconn makes products for countless different companies.

How about the removal of apps with any content construed as "gay," or any of the other censorship? How about the notes about the way he treated his first daughter?

Contracting work through a company with numerous public human rights violations is allowing those violations to happen, and it's even paying for them.

How about the removal of apps with any content construed as "gay," or any of the other censorship? How about the notes about the way he treated his first daughter?

Contracting work through a company with numerous public human rights violations is allowing those violations to happen, and it's even paying for them.

though i don't really care that much, i care enough to inform those who think that steve jobs was some sort of saint to the contrary.

though i don't really care that much, i care enough to inform those who think that steve jobs was some sort of saint to the contrary.

"Can anyone tell me what MobileMe is supposed to do?" Having received a satisfactory answer, he continued, "So why the fuck doesn't it do that?"

He would praise and inspire them, often in very creative ways, but he would also resort to intimidating, goading, berating, belittling, and even humiliating them... When he was Bad Steve, he didn't seem to care about the severe damage he caused to egos or emotions... suddenly and unexpectedly, he would look at something they were working on say that it "sucked," it was "shit."

I lol'd. sounds like a fun guy to work with. seriously. that would be a hoot.