po: oh sees

ah dude for sure. I've long given up on the idea of collecting everything they've put out. I have their split 12" with The Intelligence and I got that one on the cheap by luck because no one else was paying attention long enough to bid. Definitely one of my favorites.

haha, yeah same here. It'll be pure luck to get everything from these guys. Also it's funny you mention that split, because i just got one off of discogs for 40 bucks, ha

Admittedly, I'm a casual fan of Thee Oh Sees so I passed on this split with Total Control, but I'm a huge Intelligence fan which is why I bought that particular split. Saw Thee Oh Sees play in Logan Square outdoors a couple of months ago though and they killed it!

I'm hoping to see them at fun fun fun fest, but that is highly unlikely at the moment. It'd be my first time seeing them.

love the oh sees. I think "help" is a good record to start at if you're trying to check them out.

^Will check that out if I am into their side of this split.

If you guys are not familiar with Total Control, you should check out their LP. One of the best albums to come out this year!

http://ironlungrecords.bigcartel.com/product/total-control-henge-beat-lp-out-aug-1st

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':to1ppr1b]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':to1ppr1b]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Admittedly, I'm a casual fan of Thee Oh Sees so I passed on this split with Total Control, but I'm a huge Intelligence fan which is why I bought that particular split. Saw Thee Oh Sees play in Logan Square outdoors a couple of months ago though and they killed it!

I'm hoping to see them at fun fun fun fest, but that is highly unlikely at the moment. It'd be my first time seeing them.

I missed the outdoors show at logan square, but I caught em at the bottle the previous night. They were pretty bitchin, but they can get a bit jammy/droney for my tastes. I'm definitely gonna try to catch them at FFF fest as well... but theres so much shit going on. Did you hear they're doing sunday night at beerland? That shit is gonna be crazy and insanely hard to get into.

You goin to the empty bottle shows in november? I've got tix for the early show.

I'm a sucker for most things droney/psych so that side works for me.

I'd like to see their show with Total Control at the Bottle and I'm kinda regretting passing on the split 12" so maybe they'll have more there. I'm going to the Heavy Cream/Shonen Knife show in the middle of the month which I'm pretty stoked on. We seem to know some of the same folks and see some of the same bands, definitely should hang at some point.

I'd like to see their show with Total Control at the Bottle and I'm kinda regretting passing on the split 12" so maybe they'll have more there. I'm going to the Heavy Cream/Shonen Knife show in the middle of the month which I'm pretty stoked on. We seem to know some of the same folks and see some of the same bands, definitely should hang at some point.

a regular version is still available

ha! definitely. i've been thinkin about checkin out shonen knife as well. i just threw a list of upcoming shit i'm gonna be scopin out in my tumblr: http://sludgebomb.tumblr.com/post/11622054547/upcoming-shows. holler at me sometime, lets hang.

Ah man! We have friends who are coming in from out of town and crashing at our place after seeing The Damned at The Metro - we've been tempted to grab tickets but we're so busy next week that I don't know how we'd pull of going. Let's definitely try to hang at that White Mystery show for sure.

I'm into it. I'm definitely gonna be at the damned. I keep hoping someone will throw some tickets on craigslist for cheap... but no luck yet. That shit is gonna be a dream come true. Feel free to add me one fb, you should be able to find me either by searching Carl Ross or my email, [email protected]

Related to Thee Oh Sees, I assumed that The Cool Death of Island Raiders was OOP on vinyl but they still have copies for sale on Narnack Records website (http://narnackrecords.com/products-page/artists/thee-ohsees/thee-oh-sees-formerly-ocs-the-cool-death-of-island-raiders/ ). I got mine today, orange vinyl and super awesome. Glad I didn't pay $40 on discogs.