FS- Brand New - Deja Entendu 1st Press

ajxd

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't really say I'm stubborn for not liking it seeing as how Daisy was the first Brand New album I heard, and I hated it. I refused to listen to them any more for a while, then I was forced to listen to Deja, and I loved it. I really just don't like Daisy.

And whoever wants this can have it. I don't feel like going any higher.

And the YWF repress is the ten year anniversary repress. Meaning Deja wouldn't be repressed until 2013.

Cry about it. Poser.

Am I a poser because I didn't listen to Brand New when I was nine years old? Am I a poser because I don't need to spend over $150 right now? Lol. "Poser". I feel like I'm thirteen again and calling kids at the mall a poser. I don't see how you can be a poser when it comes to liking something musically.

@ivnsic - Comments like that in my opinion are not good for the community. I am 8 years older than kevin and he has been nice enough to work with me on a trade and is just now getting into vinyl. Give him a break.

@kevin ! - Don't take what people say to heart. You like what you like and that is ok. Just because you are younger than some on here doesnt make it ok for them to say things that upset you but dont let it get you down.

Sucks to see people on forums that are supposed to be about the joy of music going back and forth yelling at eachother like kids.

I'll probably get some people yelling at me now for "stepping in" but I had a great experience with Kevin and he means well.

Im new here also and if saying this puts me on everyones bad list then i'm ok with that.

I really like this board and wish people would try and keep things positive is all.

End rant.

I'm not trying to complete a collection. >.< I offered $125. EBay prices are way higher. My $135.50 was just me joking in a way. I was just pointing out that a repress of Deja is likely still far off. I'd like to listen to it. I'm not worried about a collection.

So $125 is a serious offer but $135 is a total joke? Just wanting to listen to it gives you even less of a reason to offer ridiculous prices. People who offer crazy prices are the enthusiasts who have to complete their collection. Also, I'm guessing (hoping) these people who offer crazy prices have decent jobs so the spending isn't too bad, not someone young like you who is blowing half a paycheck.

Honestly, I don't have beef. If anything I'm trying to save you money. It's just crazy how people throw money around so eagerly when there's possibilities of saving. Just be patient.

No, I mean, I'd pay the $135, but I probably wouldn't pay more than that. But yeah. I understand what you mean. I'm not really an enthusiast. I'd like to have it, and I know I could get my money back. If I didn't, I wouldn't spend that much. I just know people are gonna expect a good amount, and someone will pay that amount. That's my reasoning.

We're really getting off subject here. :P

I'm just waiting for all the flaming to begin but this is a legitimate question (I'm new here, I'm already getting hate...sue me for asking....) Why does everyone here REALLY want Brand New albums? I've seen Deja flying around for embarrassing amounts of money, I just didn't know they were that popular, especially in the vinyl community. Also Kevin, I took a lot of abuse by some guy calling me a "dumbass" and collecting for the "wrong reasons" because I paid like 7 dollars over average price for an ALK3 record and then posted on the Infirmary repress thread. Some people here are really disrespectful to any new collectors :/

I'm just waiting for all the flaming to begin but this is a legitimate question (I'm new here, I'm already getting hate...sue me for asking....) Why does everyone here REALLY want Brand New albums? I've seen Deja flying around for embarrassing amounts of money, I just didn't know they were that popular, especially in the vinyl community. Also Kevin, I took a lot of abuse by some guy calling me a "dumbass" and collecting for the "wrong reasons" because I paid like 7 dollars over average price for an ALK3 record and then posted on the Infirmary repress thread. Some people here are really disrespectful to any new collectors :/

When I first started collecting, I overpaid for a few popular records. I paid about $10 too much on Second Stage Turbine Blade. I paid like $20 too much for The Inuit Sessions. Both of which were before I found this board. Like that guy said, the reason Brand New records are so popular is because it seems hardcore Brand New fans all seem to be into collecting vinyl, and unlike some bands, Brand New only has four albums to date. All but one of those is pretty old. Deja has only been pressed twice. The first press goes for close to $200. The second one, only half that. Devil and God has a TON of variants. That's one reason it's usually between $40 and $70. Your Favorite Weapon, I don't know all too much about. But it's being repressed, so not so many people are gonna be paying a lot. Daisy... I'm not gonna talk about Daisy. :P But the records are highly valued by people who have them, so when people sell them, they expect a lot, and usually get it because people want it. Don't let what people say bug you. Everyone collects for their own reasons and at different rates. And some people are just mean. :P

Question that has probably already been asked and answred.

How do you tell the difference between the first and second pressings of Brand New Deja Entednu?

My wife has a copy that she bought years ago and I dont know what pressing it is.

Is the value much different between the first and second? Why?

I believe someone just said the difference below the post I quoted. From what I can tell, the second pressing is only worth about half, maybe a bit more, of what the first press is worth. I'd assume it was because of the four years between pressings, numbers, and rarity.