PO: Mastodon - Leviathan 2LP (Finally...??)

Can't seem to find any other info anywhere on the net, but EMP have Leviathan up for pre-order and a 11/11/2011 release. It's advertised as 2LP!!

http://www.emp-online.co.uk/bin/shop.php....oduct=Mastodo n:%20Leviathan&tc=PULLDOWN_00MUSICVZ

Hope this is true, how Relapse have got away with so many 'represses' still only on 1LP is shocking.

As great as it would be.. I highly doubt its true. They just released the orange vinyl thats out of 1000.

Considering they keep selling out of that shitty pressing I wouldn't be surprised if they released a 2xLP at the same time. It obviously sells crazy well.

Oh I'm not doubting it wouldnt sell like hot cakes.. But the orange will never sell with the 2LP out.

I received this e-mail from them today:

"Thanks for contacting us and apologies for any delay in getting back to you. We are currently waiting for further information from the manufacturer concerning this release, I will be in contact again as son as we have received further details.

Thank you for your patience.

Craig Marney"

I received this e-mail from them today:

"Thanks for contacting us and apologies for any delay in getting back to you. We are currently waiting for further information from the manufacturer concerning this release, I will be in contact again as son as we have received further details.

Thank you for your patience.

Craig Marney"

Yeah! I got the same email. Doesn't add up.

Considering they keep selling out of that shitty pressing I wouldn't be surprised if they released a 2xLP at the same time. It obviously sells crazy well.

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a pressing from the band in your avatar/signature.

White Arms of Athena - Astrodrama is going to be the first release on my label... click the link in my sig. I should have them in hand in another week or two.

Just had confirmation from EMP that this is 2LP and on Relapse.

Very strange that this doesn't seem to be available anywhere else! I've ordered a copy so will report back once it arrives. My feelings are that this is a Roadrunner release (Licensed from Relapse?) pressed possibly by Cargo or something like that. Will know for sure in a few days.

Very strange that this doesn't seem to be available anywhere else! I've ordered a copy so will report back once it arrives. My feelings are that this is a Roadrunner release (Licensed from Relapse?) pressed possibly by Cargo or something like that. Will know for sure in a few days.

Well, if this is really offered by EMP only, this will be VERY limited...there was an EMP exclusive of Opeth's new record "Heritage" that was pressed on white vinyl, /100. Regarding the fact that there have been 5 other variants released at the same time, this isn't too unreal, I guess...

Well, if this is really offered by EMP only, this will be VERY limited...there was an EMP exclusive of Opeth's new record "Heritage" that was pressed on white vinyl, /100. Regarding the fact that there have been 5 other variants released at the same time, this isn't too unreal, I guess...

Usually, if it's an EMP exclusive, they state this clearly on the listing page.

I've ordered one seeing as I'm in the UK, if it is a 2LP (which at £14.99, I doubt) I'll sell it at cost (£14.99+£5 shipping to me+ shipping (£9.00) to the US) if anyone's interested!! (PM)

The Latest Opeth 2LP (Black) was only £16.99 and I've ordered other 2LP's from EMP for a similar price (Orphaned Land's latest '...OrWarrior' is £14.99 and 2LP).

Usually, if it's an EMP exclusive, they state this clearly on the listing page.

Hmmm, true (at least I know this from the Heritage listing)...damn, why isn't there any more information about this release? :/

I tried doing a little detective work and things don't add up.

I was emailing a guy from EMP and he was sure this is a double LP released on Relapse Records. He was also sure that there is no way that they can ship to the U.S.

I also just got off the phone with a guy from Relapse and he said they know nothing about a Leviathan 2xLP.

We'll only know for sure after someone orders I guess. I'm skeptical though.

I asked about the increasing delay and got immediate response:

the items you´ve orderes are available.

your order is already in process. The package will leave our warehouse within a short time. That's why we're unfortunately not able to make any changes. As experience teaches you'll get your order within 10 - 14 working days.

I don't really understand what they had on mind with that "changes", but who cares. I neither got response about colours and stuff. Anyway - I refuse to believe this unless I put my hands on it, both hands at the same time and see C/D side ;)

------------------------------

edit

I asked about the colour and got the response, from the same person:

"at the moment the item is not available. That´s the reason why I can´t tell you the colour."

Check bolded statements. CRAZY, RIGHT?