VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

for real though, i think ill need to put mad men on hold a little while longer, because i NEED to rewatch that show. i didnt even see the smoking hot school girl that everyone was creaming for.

so so so many moments that i want to mark for right now, but its literally just a blur of awesome

my friend was at the wild flag show in boston saturday night, and he said a group of completely wasted dudes stumbled out of a bar screaming YES! he assumed it was just drunk dudes shouting in joy, until one of them yelled best in the world. at that point he ran up on them and joined their YESing

im pretty sure i also need to get in on that shirt now

Yeah, the crowd was definitely interesting. i was pretty surprised at the reaction Sheamus got last night. It'll be interesting to see if he continues to get some boos or if this was just one night. D. Bryan must be loving life right now, though. Even though he lost his title, he was one of the most over guys last night and he was not even on the show.

i hated the Rock's promo only because it was all the same things he's said before. i am not excited about the prospect of him chasing the title, but we'll see where that leads.

Loved the Y2J/Punk stuff and the Punk/Henry match. i feel like Jericho should have done this last week, but maybe they are going in the more brutal direction now to build for Extreme Rules.

Totally stoked to see Lesnar back. i marked for the F5. Only thing is, i just started to like Cena, so i will be divided between the two.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':wzl60b4t]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':wzl60b4t]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

so ive developed an internet relationship over the past 2 months, and im flying out to meet her this friday.

and im thinking... after 2 months of all talk (via satellite...), friday is essentially our wrestlemania. as far as the sex goes, there probably a good chance that it doesnt meet all the hype. i mean, with all these video packages over skype, weve really drained our talking points of lady parts and turning things sideways.

and if thats the case, im just going to rely on saturday being RAW, with several hours of constant YES! YES! YES!

I thought last night was great. I was telling the lady that if the show sucked I was going to stop watching for a while as it has been getting tiring be a fan. The show though made up for it for sure. The crowd was hot all night and glad to see the Punk feud step further. I hope that the brass gets the message about Bryan, man is so over right now its not even funny. Also, loved the crowd completely ruining the Lesnar surprise.

Patrick, cant wait to hear an update on you and your sons trip. Glad he loved it.

Here we go:

Vacation starts on Thursday, and son still has absolutely no idea we are going to WM. We spend Friday at Universal, where I get a phone call about my grandfather. Things are bad, and they are pretty sure it is that time.

At this point, I make the decision to leave for North Carolina, telling my wife that she HAS to take Shaun to the wrestling. I leave Friday night at 7PM, get to NC at 4AM. Before I leave, I sit Shaun down and tell him that I had to go to NC, but I had a surprise for him. I todd the tickets across the table, and he unfolds them. When he sees they are tickets to WM, he screams "Holy shit!" and bursts into tears, then asks me about 5 times if they are real.

Fast forward 3 hours of sleep, 4 hours at hospital, 2 hours of sleep in car, 3 hours of sleep on a couch in hospital, and 3 hours at hospital, the doctors come back with news that the fluid is clearing out, his right lung looks better, and they are taking him off the ventilator.

I go to sleep at 8PM, wake up at 1AM, and drive to Miami.

We get to Sunlife stadium, and well, fuck that place. $40 to park, not a person out there to help direct traffic going in, people in S Florida simply cannot drive. Stupid. We get parked and spend about an hour walking around outside the stadium, checking out the merch stands, etc. (Only bought a program ($20) although they did have some pretty bad ass shirts there.)

Go in, and the seats turned out to be pretty decent. The only thing that sucked was we were behind the WM sign, so we could not see the entrances. (Lesson learned for the next time we go)

Matches -

1. D-Bry vs. Sheamus - I wanted Bryan to win, son wanted Sheamus. We all know how that went at this point. Crap. On the plus side, judging from both the crowd AT WM and RAW on Monday, the WWE created a monster, and it does not look like they know how to handle it. Bryan got a huge reaction at WM as well as at RAW.

(Side note - I have read a bit about how the crowd was not into it at WM. Maybe it came across that way on TV, but I thought the crowd was a good one.)

2. Shit, I can't remember the order of matches........Cody / Big Show? We were both going for Big Show, and he won. Yay?!

3. Divas - Don;t know what happened, I was spending $36 on 2 sodas, 2 hot dogs, and a popcorn.

4. Kane / Orton - I didn't care, Shaun wanted Orton to win. He was upset that Kane won.

5. HIAC - Really good match. Didn't think it topped Takers last 3 WM matches, but it was a solid match. In the stadium we could not hear anything they or Michaels was saying. Everyone in our section over 18 was cheering for Taker, anyone under was cheering for HHH.

6. Teddy / Johnny - This and the divas match were the worst two, crowd reception wise, of the night.

7. Punk / Jehrico - GREAT MATCH. Arguably the best of the night, despite what the guy next to me was saying. Definitely my favorite, but I was wearing a Best In The World shirt.

8. Rock / Cena - More interested in how they build the rest of the year off of this. The match was decent. It was actually better than I was expecting. Rock not being around for so long, I thought for sure he was going to be a mess in the ring, but he did a decent job. I really wish that Cena would have won, especially when he was about to drop the People's Elbow on Rock, but I figure they will have a repeat at next years Mania, with Rock holding the belt and Cena beating him.

Those things ^ are killing me! It was a great Wrestlemania, that match with Jericho and Punk was the match of the night. Glad most of the people from mania showed up for Raw because that crowd was the best. That had to be what it was like being in the Coliseum back in the day in Rome. Those chants were awesome. I was surprised for the Lesnar chants though. His exit from the company as well as his last match were horrible. I absolutely loved the Yes chants!

Those things ^ are killing me! It was a great Wrestlemania, that match with Jericho and Punk was the match of the night. Glad most of the people from mania showed up for Raw because that crowd was the best. That had to be what it was like being in the Coliseum back in the day in Rome. Those chants were awesome. I was surprised for the Lesnar chants though. His exit from the company as well as his last match were horrible. I absolutely loved the Yes chants!

someone on the withleath board mentioned that today. asking why people were so quick to forgive brock after so many held it against the rock.

im saying that while the rock was filming the tooth fairy, brock was still destroying people. like, he wasnt on our team, but we still got to watch him play- the field was just a different shape. whereas the rocks in-ring abilities were wasted all along.

i missed out on Brock's first run as i wasn't watching wrestling at that point. i've since gone back and watched some of his matches. His match with Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania (minus the infamous botch) made me a huge Lesnar mark; i love the F5 so much. Plus, the fact that i can destroy everyone with him in WWE '12 made me an even bigger fan of his.

i missed out on Brock's first run as i wasn't watching wrestling at that point. i've since gone back and watched some of his matches. His match with Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania (minus the infamous botch) made me a huge Lesnar mark; i love the F5 so much. Plus, the fact that i can destroy everyone with him in WWE '12 made me an even bigger fan of his.

THIS. dude, are you stalking me? haha.. just watched it last night myself

Lesnar was sloppy as shit in the ring.

What are you talking about? He did one move. ONE MOVE. It looked the same as it's always looked, and the crowd popped huge.

I like that I get to talk about pro wrestling on VC and I harbor no ill will toward you personally, but you are seriously the worst pro wrestling fan ever.