VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Why isnt anyone praising Cole lately? He is no longer the annoying heel that shouts and meanders on commentary. He was great at WM making sure to not draw away from the match at all and has continued to do so since then. He is still a heel which is fine, but he has totally toned down his act to make it bearable to listen to him again. Now its back to Lawler being the worst commentator followed up by Booker T.

i'm still not a fan of Cole's. i hate how he likes D. Bry now that he is a heel. But, i'm a moron and enjoy Booker T on commentary just because i never know what he will say next. i just wish he would still talk about his fave 5 and who was "just outside of" it or who was moving up or down in said list of 5.

Also, i agree that Lawler is pretty bad these days. i loved him in the past as the heel to J.R's face character, but now he is bland and just sort of there.

MY favorites will always be Bobby Heenan, Gorilla Monsoon, J.R., and Jesse Ventura.

Card for Sunday's Extreme Rules PPV. Who will win?

Pre-Show: Santino Marella © vs. The Miz-Singles match for the WWE United States Championship

1: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena-Extreme Rules match

2: Sheamus © vs. Daniel Bryan-2-out-of-3 falls match for the World Heavyweight Championship

3: CM Punk © vs. Chris Jericho-Chicago Street Fight for the WWE Championship

4: Randy Orton vs. Kane-Falls Count Anywhere match

5: Big Show © vs. Cody Rhodes-WWE Intercontinental Championship match; Stipulation TBA

6: Nikki Bella © vs. Beth Phoenix-WWE Divas Championship match; Stipulation TBA

My predictions:

Pre-Show: Santino beats the Miz with Extreme Flaming Cobra Deathstrike through a table.

1: Brock Lesnar wins because "he is Brock Lesnar"

2: Sheamus wins by brogue kicking D Bry and pinning him with AJ for two-3 counts

3: CM Punk wins by hitting a GTS on Y2J into the largest deep-dish Chicago-style pizza and dousing him with tomato sauce.

4: Randy Orton wins with an RKO "from out of nowhere!"

5: Cody Rhodes wins with an i don't care end this feud already, please.

6: Beth Phoenix needs new opponents.

Card for Sunday's Extreme Rules PPV. Who will win?

Pre-Show: Santino Marella © vs. The Miz-Singles match for the WWE United States Championship

1: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena-Extreme Rules match

2: Sheamus © vs. Daniel Bryan-2-out-of-3 falls match for the World Heavyweight Championship

3: CM Punk © vs. Chris Jericho-Chicago Street Fight for the WWE Championship

4: Randy Orton vs. Kane-Falls Count Anywhere match

5: Big Show © vs. Cody Rhodes-WWE Intercontinental Championship match; Stipulation TBA

6: Nikki Bella © vs. Beth Phoenix-WWE Divas Championship match; Stipulation TBA

1. Cena. I really can't see the WWE burring their main guy, and if Cena loses that's exactly what happens. I think there will somehow be some sort of interference or something that will end the match in question though.

2. Bryan. With the WWE embracing the "YES!" chants they'd be dropping the ball huge if they don't put the title back on Bryan.

3. Jericho. They need to be able to drag their feud out for a couple more months. Jericho has stated in a couple interviews that he's going to be in the WWE until SummerSlam. If Punk wins then they'll be stretched a little thin to keep the feud rolling.

4. Orton. I'm hoping so. This feud is painful to watch, and as much as I dislike Orton he deserves so much better than this.

5. Rhodes. They've been riding the whole Show/Khali tag team pretty hard lately. Dropping a lot of hints that they'll make a run for the tag belts. Show got his Wrestlemania moment, and him holding the IC belt does nothing. So I really expect him to drop the title.

6. Nikki. They need the belt on one of the Bellas for when Kharma comes back because she swore revenge on them before she left.

7. The Miz. In the end it doesn't really matter. The US belt means absolutely nothing.

Cena earned some points with me tonight. You have to admit the bro took some major punishment. I'm surprised lesnar lost and am wondering what cena was talking about at the end of the ppv.

The punk/jericho match stole the show. Really was great. Along with the bryan/sheamus match. I was actually surprised that sheamus could hold his own in a ring with bryan. Really great match. Was hoping for bryan to win, but it showed how great a wrestler he is. The rest of the show was meh.

i wouldn't be surprised if he is taking a vacation. I don't like his character, but do believe he is a hard worker for his company. His character is getting stale and i think some time away would be good for that.

Agreed about his character. He's also not that great in the ring but he has the look Vince loves. I will say he is definitely one stand up dude. All that he does for charity and the Make a Wish foundation is just awesome and I have the utmost respect for him because of all that.

I read that Cena is actually going to take some time off. Which won't really be a bad thing. I used to hate him but over the past couple of months I've really gained a lot of respect for him. Especially with him carrying that horrible feud with Kane and then doing the greater majority of the work building the feud with the rock leading up to wrestlemania.

i ended up ordering the PPV and i am glad i did. i thought every match was solid to great.

Kane/Orton was much better than i thought it would be and had enough time to work really well.

Show/Cody was a decent match and i thought the ending was the only really believable way to end a tables match between those two. Pretty well done, and i loved Cody's kick from the leaning table.

Sheamus/Bryan was probably the match of the night for me. Didn't expect Bryan to dominate like he did, but it was really an excellent match between the two.

Punk/Jericho was really good, but right now, i like their 'Mania match better. Still a really great match, as expected.

The divas match was decent and it was a nice surprise to see Layla back. Everyone was expecting Kharma, and i hope she comes back soon, but any new or returning diva who can actually wrestle is a huge plus with me.

Lesnar/Cena was insane. i can't believe how much Cena got beat up in that match; really hard to watch at times. i was surprised Cena got the win, especially with him leaving. i was thinking they could just have Lesnar destroy him and have Cena stretchered out and take a few months off with a storyline injury.

Really glad i watched the PPV last night; i thought it was great.

Scott were you and the lady both wearing the white Punk shirts near the front rows? If so, you were on nonstop.

I thought the PPV was their best in a long time. Perhaps the best since MITB last year. I think Sheamus/Bryan was the match of the night. The battle to the first fall was great, and seeing Sheamus adjust his style and add submissions to try and take out Bryan was a nice touch. Punk vs Jericho was great s well. I was just talking about Layla coming back hopefully soon as I missed her talent, and then she came out. I kept expecting her to get squashed by Kharma after the victory and surprised she wasnt. Lesnar looked terrible in the ring and was sweating like a pig, but overall the match was still entertaining. I thought Lesnar seriously fucked his leg up when he flew over the top rope. I hated how they called the match though. Cena is obviously stronger than Lesnar, but they talked non stop about Lesnars strength, and when Cena stood up with Lesnar having him in a submission move it was an "act of desperation". It was an act of pure strength and something that Lesnar couldnt have done and they just glossed it over.

It seriously bothers me when they call WWE matches like MMA fights, and when they write them as such. Having the doctor to come in and look at Cena and "work" on Cena was stupid as hell.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with Lesnar from here. They have him under contract for one year, and the reintroduced him by losing to Cena who had jobbed for Tensai the week before.